What's new

Monterey Bay Spice Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
What other kavas have you tried and how do they compare to this one ?
How much kava experience do you have ?
Send some to Deleted User for testing, and we can start to get an idea of how it stacks up.
Then, I might try some to see how weak it is. If it turns out to be adequately strong for 23$ per pound, then they'll probably have at least one new customer.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I think they just sell a blend of kava they collect from people they grind for. They are one of the few commercial operations that will grind kava root for vendors, and when they do you get about 10% less weight back, flown away by the kava ferries apparently...

I'm totally just kidding, btw. I don't think they're actually selling other vendors' kava. Although you really do lose quite a bit if they grind for you.

mjazzguitar

Kava Curious
What other kavas have you tried and how do they compare to this one ?
How much kava experience do you have ?
Send some to Deleted User for testing, and we can start to get an idea of how it stacks up.
Then, I might try some to see how weak it is. If it turns out to be adequately strong for 23$ per pound, then they'll probably have at least one new customer.
Hi, sorry I'm so late in answering. I was reading Hedgehog's Kalm with Kava reviews and thought I'd start a thread asking what people thought about Monterey Bay Spice Co.'s kava, then it dawned on me that maybe someone might have replied to my post.
I'm no connoisseur, but I used kava some in the seventies, and for a few years now. I used to buy the root because it wasn't as messy as powder, but one time I got the powder by accident- theirs or mine- I don't know, and using the wash and toss method found it to be a lot more potent.
You can get 1/4 lb. for $9.20 so it might be worth checking out. I'll see if i can get some to Deleted User- how much would he need?

mjazzguitar

Kava Curious
I'd like to add that I probably didn't think the root wasn't as potent because I never kneaded it, I just soaked it in hot water.

mjazzguitar

Kava Curious
I'd like to add that if you buy 5 pounds from them you get a 10% discount. That's a little over 20 bucks a pound.
But they're out right now...:nailbiting:

Last edited:

kavaloveraz

Kava Curious
I'd like to add that if you buy 5 pounds from them you get a 10% discount. That's a little over 20 bucks a pound.
But they're out right now...:nailbiting:
That is really reasonable I noticed that it is now back in stock has anyone tried a recent batch of it? If so how is the quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.