What's new

Most sedating strain from ghk/gke? apart from nene?

Geiourht

Kava Curious
Nene had unwanted side effects.

So what other ones are considered sedating from the gke range?

According to the chemotypes on true kava then malekula magic should be even more sedating, but i see reviews saying its heady?

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
I found the Vanuatu boroguru from ghk to fit the sedating feeling pretty nice... suprisingly lower doses were easier to fall asleep with. Higher can send me into overdrive still

Blippy5

Certified Noble
I second @Zachary . I find Ghk Boroguru very sedating, and I enjoy it. It's pretty consistent for me. Didn't taste very good though.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity

According to the chemotypes on true kava then malekula magic should be even more sedating, but i see reviews saying its heady?
I would be very interested in knowing if The Kava Review Filter helps you pick a good kava product. Each review rates what side effects the reviewer experiences.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I second @Zachary . I find Ghk Boroguru very sedating, and I enjoy it. It's pretty consistent for me. Didn't taste very good though.
I will third it, and will agree it is bitter. The micro chemotype starts a 2. This maybe more sedating than the med grind that starts with a 4. I use micro.

Geiourht

Kava Curious
Well gke doesnt have boroguru they only have a certain selection from the ghk range.

So i have to choose what they have on offer on their site.

Geiourht

Kava Curious
I would be very interested in knowing if The Kava Review Filter helps you pick a good kava product. Each review rates what side effects the reviewer experiences.
Wow this looks great. Similar setup to the chemotypes where everything is laid in a table to save time. Nice! :)

An addition would be nice if possible to sort asc to decending/vice versa for the selected column. and sorting options for only above x stars of a given category.

Hmm seems to be alot of discrepancy in the malekula reviews some say its very sedating others say it isnt :p

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Wow this looks great. Similar setup to the chemotypes where everything is laid in a table to save time. Nice! :)

An addition would be nice if possible to sort asc to decending/vice versa for the selected column. and sorting options for only above x stars of a given category.

Hmm seems to be alot of discrepancy in the malekula reviews some say its very sedating others say it isnt :p
Good feedback thanks! (y)

Did you figure out how to sort by dragging the columns?

Blippy5

Certified Noble

Dosage matters a lot, but also every kava effects people a little differently.

Geiourht

Kava Curious
Did you figure out how to sort by dragging the columns?
No, not sure what you mean. Explain please. Or just write up the expanded instructions on the page itself :)

I noticed it wasnt too bad once I unticked all but the kava houses i was wanting to search for. ie less results to sift thru.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
No, not sure what you mean. Explain please. Or just write up the expanded instructions on the page itself :)

I noticed it wasnt too bad once I unticked all but the kava houses i was wanting to search for. ie less results to sift thru.
You're the perfect straight man for me. :)

I just so happen to have some better instructions that @Bwiggy put together for us. Here's a link to a copy of it.. Let us know what you know think. I'm sure @Bwiggy would be interested in the feedback

Bwiggy

I like plants
Definitely interested in what you think about the instructions @Geiourht (and if you can expand the columns).
I think @HeadHodge is continuing to improve on the functionality, including reverse sort by clicking on the column heading.
::kavaleaf::

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro

I'd say 'opihikao is the most calming yet magical feeling kava from GKE's GHK collection...I have no experience with the VKS stuff.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Doesnt straight man mean the butt of ppls jokes :(?
straight man
noun
  1. the person in a comedy duo who speaks lines that give a comedian the opportunity to lead in to a new topic or joke.

In todays environment, I guess you could interpret a straight man to be a person who doesn't allow himself to be the butt for others. :)