What's new

Music that enhances?

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
I consider Brian Wilson's Pet Sounds to be an essential kava listen. It's fantastic for smoothing things out if your feeling a little edgy.

Ligermeat

Warm and Fuzzeh!
I was also under the impression today that "A saucer full of secrets" by pink Floyd would have been a nice krunk listen.

I was dead wrong. That crap made me frickin' paranoid!

"The piper at the gates of dawn" would probably be a much more kava friendly experience.

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
Incubus - make yourself album. Sun house/muddy waters.... any good delta blues. Especially blues fusion
like psychedelic blues/jazz mix. Galactic is great.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Flatpick bluegrass guitar like Tony Rice, Norman Blake, Doc Watson, Clarence White and the Kentucky Colonels (they where a big influence on Jerry, long before the Dead).

I still like Floyd, Zeppelin etc. all the way up to early 90s grunge. Can't say I listen to recent music at all, kava or not. I'm an old fogey
Beautiful song:

verticity

I'm interested in things
Interestingly, the melody of "Shady Grove", which is a traditional Appalachian folk song, originates from the traditional British folk song "Matty Groves" which tells a rather different story (this is obviously not a traditional arrangement but more folk-prog-rock):

Last edited:

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Beautiful song:
Doc could play the banjo almost as well as the guitar. Other good versions of that tune are on the Doc and Dawg album with David Grissman and another version on The Pizza Tapes with Tony Rice, David Grissman and Jerry Garcia. Strange story behind that album, I think it's still free on Amazon Prime, at least it was.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Doc could play the banjo almost as well as the guitar. Other good versions of that tune are on the Doc and Dawg album with David Grissman and another version on The Pizza Tapes with Tony Rice, David Grissman and Jerry Garcia. Strange story behind that album, I think it's still free on Amazon Prime, at least it was.
"almost" as well? That's some pretty amazing banjo playing there.
Actually I hear both banjo and guitar on that; I'm not sure who is playing what.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
"almost" as well? That's some pretty amazing banjo playing there.
Actually I hear both banjo and guitar on that; I'm not sure who is playing what.
No doubt, he's just known for pretty much creating the flatpick fiddle tune on guitar sound that influenced so many after him.

Nova Cain

Seeking the edges
Heavy Horses is a great record. In this song, Ian Anderson describes the various places he will "make love to you", but manages to make it sound like soaring folk rock, rather than like some creep describing the various places he will make love to you.
I love love love this song