What's new

Muslin Strainer Bag (non colored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
I just wanted to comment and review this bag for all who are curious. First off it's pretty tightly woven but definitely allows sediment to pass through. I actually like a decent amount of sediment as it makes for a stronger grog and this strainer seems to have a good balance. It's not like a straight up paint strainer and it's not exactly like using a regular T shirt.

My only gripe with these bags is the stitching holding the pocket together. Now for $3 it's not the end of the world but the sewing job around the rim of the bag is horrible. It started unraveling after 1 use and I can already tell I'm going to need to sew this thing myself once it finally craps out in the near future.

It gets the job done, but I will probably buy a strainer bag from somewhere else on my next order or try out Kalms colored strainer bags if they are of a higher quality. But I'm not sure If they are.

Last edited:

Zentri

Kava Enthusiast
My Kavafied one also seems like it will hold up for a long time and is supposedly made in USA, but definitely a lot larger than the muslin ones I think.

The Kavafied one is 16" long by like 7" in diameter I believe, but I've found it easy enough to work with even as little as 2 tablespoons kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.