What's new

Kava Recipe My current favorite kava mix.

drbinxy

Kava Curious
I'm typing this as I'm drinking it down now actually, forgive me for any inconsistency.
I prepare all my kava using the aluball. I don't like root fibers in my kava and the aluball has very fine mesh, this works out great for me. My colon hates the root fibers.

Anyway, on to the mixture:

Fill the aluball shaker bottle almost to the brim with warm, bordering on hot water.

1 aluball full of KWK Pouni Ono. I'd say about 2 tablespoons? Not much shaking required here. This stuff is ground really fine.

Dump the aluball out, keep your brew and add the next ingredient directly to the brew. (inside the aluball of course).

1 aluball full of KWK Borongoru. I'd say about 2 tablespoons? Much more shaking is needed here. This stuff is course and has some big chunks in it.

Remove the aluball and dump it out, we're done with it for now.

That's all for the root powder, now here's the real kicker.

Add 1 oz of KWK concentrate and shake. This adds a lot of kick and some nice flavor. I was able to drink the brew without a chaser, whereas I normally would need one, if that tells you anything.

Subjective effects:
A nice heady effect from the Borongoru resulting in some euphoria, that gets heavily overpowered by the sedation from the Pouni Ono (I consider it to be decently sedating) and the concentrate (I consider it to be even more sedating).

Conclusion:
This is a great bedtime mix. It gets you a little of that Krunk feeling from the Borongoru, but is very sedating too. I'm currently on my second round of this mix and have a feeling I will sleep quite well shortly. I'm currently tapering off benzodiazepines and the insomnia/anxiety can be quite terrible. This stuff is a lifesaver on that front.

D

Deleted User01

And there you go, another recipe to put in the Kava Prep section. Thanks.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I'm typing this as I'm drinking it down now actually, forgive me for any inconsistency.
I prepare all my kava using the aluball. I don't like root fibers in my kava and the aluball has very fine mesh, this works out great for me. My colon hates the root fibers.

Anyway, on to the mixture:

Fill the aluball shaker bottle almost to the brim with warm, bordering on hot water.

1 aluball full of KWK Pouni Ono. I'd say about 2 tablespoons? Not much shaking required here. This stuff is ground really fine.

Dump the aluball out, keep your brew and add the next ingredient directly to the brew. (inside the aluball of course).

1 aluball full of KWK Borongoru. I'd say about 2 tablespoons? Much more shaking is needed here. This stuff is course and has some big chunks in it.

Remove the aluball and dump it out, we're done with it for now.

That's all for the root powder, now here's the real kicker.

Add 1 oz of KWK concentrate and shake. This adds a lot of kick and some nice flavor. I was able to drink the brew without a chaser, whereas I normally would need one, if that tells you anything.

Subjective effects:
A nice heady effect from the Borongoru resulting in some euphoria, that gets heavily overpowered by the sedation from the Pouni Ono (I consider it to be decently sedating) and the concentrate (I consider it to be even more sedating).

Conclusion:
This is a great bedtime mix. It gets you a little of that Krunk feeling from the Borongoru, but is very sedating too. I'm currently on my second round of this mix and have a feeling I will sleep quite well shortly. I'm currently tapering off benzodiazepines and the insomnia/anxiety can be quite terrible. This stuff is a lifesaver on that front.
When I read that your colon hates the root fibers my first thought was "wait, how is he ingesting the kava?"