What's new

Kava Research My Hawaiian Kava Adventure

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

It was an absolute blast, and I learned far more than I ever thought I would in regards to the sanctity and facilitation of a real ceremonial kava session.

I was in the presence of some of the most excellent individuals I've had the opportunity of rubbing shoulders with. From the greats such as Ed Johnston, Apo Aporosa, J.D. Baker, Daniel Hernandez and other amazing individuals I've been reading for the last years. I was seated in the circle between Lakea Trask, the owner of Kanaka Kava and Ed Johnston. I'm not sure you could have made me any happier during that time.

I managed to capture around 5 1/2 hours of video which comes up to just under 100 gigabytes. Working on that now, and will be releasing them in segments as I get the videos chopped up.

This was seriously a groundbreaking meeting of some of the top minds in kava science. Truly an honor just to be in the audience and observe the magic.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast

It was an absolute blast, and I learned far more than I ever thought I would in regards to the sanctity and facilitation of a real ceremonial kava session.

I was in the presence of some of the most excellent individuals I've had the opportunity of rubbing shoulders with. From the greats such as Ed Johnston, Apo Aporosa, J.D. Baker, Daniel Hernandez and other amazing individuals I've been reading for the last years. I was seated in the circle between Lakea Trask, the owner of Kanaka Kava and Ed Johnston. I'm not sure you could have made me any happier during that time.

I managed to capture around 5 1/2 hours of video which comes up to just under 100 gigabytes. Working on that now, and will be releasing them in segments as I get the videos chopped up.

This was seriously a groundbreaking meeting of some of the top minds in kava science. Truly an honor just to be in the audience and observe the magic.
Did you bring any awa home?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Did you bring any awa home?
You know what? I didn't. What's crazy is that all the kava we saw was in the ground. Nothing available to drink for another two years.

What we did have was Ed Johnston's FRESH 8 year old Borogu and let me tell you something.....I had to lay down. That was absolutely legendary. So so smooth and easy to drink, but good god did it slap hard.

We were all just sitting around chatting and I had to slowly back away and spend some much needed time with the bed before I did a root-n-rally.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor

JP You need to make a youtube channel and vlog for these kind of trips so we can feel like we are apart of the journey!

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast
Haha - jimmy you look so happy in all the pictures! Glad it was a good time. I hope I'll get a chance to visit the islands once or twice, gotta be something special.