What's new

My Morning Kava Routine

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ
I just woke up a few hours ago and decided I'd share my morning routine as of late, since I moved out of my parents' house, and I basically had to restart all of my habits.

So I wake up, and go into the kitchen to start boiling water for my coffee. Then I put 1.5 tbsps of Pouni Ono in the aluball, and fire that up. I poured about 100 ml of Vanilla bean protein shake in the grog for taste and nutrition. Then I alternate drinking my iced pour over coffee because I accidently shattered my French press yesterday :( and drinking the kava protein mix.

I am currently about to head into town to errands and stuff. What do you guys do for your morning kava routine?

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ
+37 mins edit: holy cow, I discovered some left over BoronGuru in the fridge, mixed with pineapple coconut water and protein shake, and on the way to the doctor's office I chugged the whole thing alongside the rest of my iced coffee. At first I had a horrible stomach ache and felt like I was going to vomit, however 20 minutes of past and now I am feeling particularly beautiful. I am so glad that kava exists, because not only is it really healthy for you but it helps me have a pleasant start to my day, and can help from withdrawals from a certain smoked herb that I just quit yesterday.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I just woke up a few hours ago and decided I'd share my morning routine as of late, since I moved out of my parents' house, and I basically had to restart all of my habits.

So I wake up, and go into the kitchen to start boiling water for my coffee. Then I put 1.5 tbsps of Pouni Ono in the aluball, and fire that up. I poured about 100 ml of Vanilla bean protein shake in the grog for taste and nutrition. Then I alternate drinking my iced pour over coffee because I accidently shattered my French press yesterday :( and drinking the kava protein mix.

I am currently about to head into town to errands and stuff. What do you guys do for your morning kava routine?
I get up and start drinking kava. Usually have 1 cup of coffee, as well.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
+37 mins edit: holy cow, I discovered some left over BoronGuru in the fridge, mixed with pineapple coconut water and protein shake, and on the way to the doctor's office I chugged the whole thing alongside the rest of my iced coffee. At first I had a horrible stomach ache and felt like I was going to vomit, however 20 minutes of past and now I am feeling particularly beautiful. I am so glad that kava exists, because not only is it really healthy for you but it helps me have a pleasant start to my day, and can help from withdrawals from a certain smoked herb that I just quit yesterday.
oh yeah, if you ever want that "wow, this is the best root ever" feeling then that does only come with drinking kava after waking up. And yes, it is delightfully pleasant. Anyone who has ever experienced it knows exactly what I mean and that sounds like what you enjoyed.

NileKinnick

Kava Curious
oh yeah, if you ever want that "wow, this is the best root ever" feeling then that does only come with drinking kava after waking up. And yes, it is delightfully pleasant. Anyone who has ever experienced it knows exactly what I mean and that sounds like what you enjoyed.
To date, my strongest effects have come from a morning sesh on a completely empty stomach. 1:1 blend of Pouni Ono and Borogu I had prepare and refrigerated over night. It almost reminded me of a two-hit toke of a good sativa-dominant strain of cannabis (basically what I recall of the occasional Sour Diesel wake-n-bake in college).

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Honestly not much of a morning drinker. Maybe something light if it's the weekend and I've got nothing going on.

For me, kava drinking is for when the sun gets low in the western sky. Have strong sessions regularly enough and you'll still feel mellow all day long.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Honestly not much of a morning drinker. Maybe something light if it's the weekend and I've got nothing going on.

For me, kava drinking is for when the sun gets low in the western sky. Have strong sessions regularly enough and you'll still feel mellow all day long.
true dat. And too heavy a sesh in the morning is not a good thing, even on a lazy weekend. If you're gonna do it, and it is by no means obligatory, merely an option, you want it just right so you can still be productive during the day. But if you do it right, you can have two or three of these mini strong-but-not-ruin-you-for-the-day seshs during the day. And then at night still enjoy some heavy kava couchin'. There's a great big wonderful world of kava out there. But yeah, once you build up the KLs in your system, you carry them around with you. This came in handy recently when I had a minor but very painful medical procedure. I had not consumed kava recently before the procedure, but I had so much permakrunk the kava really helped and I remember thinking, "gee, thank goodness I drink a shload of kava all the time."

In fact, as life does its usual slings and arrows bs it so enjoys for its gratuitous jollies at my expense, I find myself fairly regularly thinking "gee, thank goodness I drink a shload of kava all the time."

Last edited:

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ
true dat. And too heavy a sesh in the morning is not a good thing, even on a lazy weekend. If you're gonna do it, and it is by no means obligatory, merely an option, you want it just right so you can still be productive during the day. But if you do it right, you can have two or three of these mini strong-but-not-ruin-you-for-the-day seshs during the day. And then at night still enjoy some heavy kava couchin'. There's a great big wonderful world of kava out there. But yeah, once you build up the KLs in your system, you carry them around with you. This came in handy recently when I had a minor but very painful medical procedure. I had not consumed kava recently before the procedure, but I had so much permakrunk the kava really helped and I remember thinking, "gee, thank goodness I drink a shload of kava all the time."

In fact, as life does its usual slings and arrows bs it so enjoys for its gratuitous jollies at my expense, I find myself fairly regularly thinking "gee, thank goodness I drink a shload of kava all the time."
That's brilliant. Another reason I love kava. Permakrunk, what a word.

You know, recently I've been frustrated with kava. I think it is my expectations causing me to not fully enjoy the feelings kava bestows upon me. I've been mixing it with v8 fruit juice and pineapple coconut water, and I think maybe the sugar content is ruining the benefits of kava. I also believe that the mix causes me to have stomach pains worse than just straight up kava ever caused.

I am thinking about taking one of the 2 liters of kava I mixed with the fruit juice, and seeing as the particles have settled at the bottom, I could pour out most of the juice, and then replace it with water? Maybe I'm overthinking it. But I just want to return back to the satisfying kavafeel I used to get, no stomach pains.

Jellyman64

Δ Kavanaut Δ
That's brilliant. Another reason I love kava. Permakrunk, what a word.

You know, recently I've been frustrated with kava. I think it is my expectations causing me to not fully enjoy the feelings kava bestows upon me. I've been mixing it with v8 fruit juice and pineapple coconut water, and I think maybe the sugar content is ruining the benefits of kava. I also believe that the mix causes me to have stomach pains worse than just straight up kava ever caused.

I am thinking about taking one of the 2 liters of kava I mixed with the fruit juice, and seeing as the particles have settled at the bottom, I could pour out most of the juice, and then replace it with water? Maybe I'm overthinking it. But I just want to return back to the satisfying kavafeel I used to get, no stomach pains.
I realized adding sugary fruit "juice" like V8 was a mistake. Once I removed that from the equation I realized that it was causing the upset stomach.