What's new

Powdered Kava Review Nene - Medium Grind

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
For some strange reason I haven't done a review for this kava yet. I just got some fresh bags delivered and I have to say I'm having extreme amounts of fun with this. I think this could be my perfect kava. I wouldn't call it a strong kava that will blow you away with the first shell but it's potent enough and really, really good at what it does. I've always found it pretty reliable too, you know roughly what to expect every time. I'm always pretty saturated with KL's anyway so I find even just a few tbsps of this will get me right where I want to be. Not long after drinking the first shell I start to feel the creeping feeling in the muscles, the relaxation kicking in. I don't know if I could describe any of the effects as heady as such, no euphoria or wildness but as your breathing slows and your muscles melt you just feel less anxiety. It is pretty sedative and I tend to sleep really well on it. Considering the mild taste as well I would say this would be a really good kava to introduce new people to. Also just because it's so reliable, you can definitely feel the effects so you know what to look for or how to describe what someone else should be feeling. If you have never tried it because it's viewed as not very potent or whatever other reason then I recommend you do. It's not a wild ride of headiness but for a midweek session that won't leave you groggy the next day before work this is possibly for me the ultimate kava. One more thing I should say is that for a long time now if I have had anything wrong with me short of being so ill I couldn't drink kava then Nene has been my kava of choice. Headache, muscle pain, even stomach pain, all have been cured by Nene at one point.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Great review, thanks. I am glad you like the Nene, it is a good one. I have been drinking Nene for about a week now. I still have no desire to change to a different kava yet. Thanks again and enjoy the "Pure Hawaiian" 'Awa.
Aloha.

Chris

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Thinking about it I think I've worked out what is so nice about this. Coming from years of alcohol abuse I think this is possibly the nearest kava to an alcohol like feeling, muscle relaxation and anxiety relief with no hangover. Awesome.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Great review, thanks. I am glad you like the Nene, it is a good one. I have been drinking Nene for about a week now. I still have no desire to change to a different kava yet. Thanks again and enjoy the "Pure Hawaiian" 'Awa.
Aloha.

Chris
Having so many kavas in stock I do tend to mix it up quite a lot, sometimes drinking a different kava every night, but I am noticing myself drawn to this a few nights in a row.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I'm not a heavy kava kind of guy but this is my go to "mild heavy" kava for when its lights out time or for an anxyolytic effect. It also blends well with other awa to smooth out the edges. My favorite is Nene and Mahakea. Bula!

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I need to order some Nene micro. To me Nene is the ultimate medicinal kava. It's helped me get through dentist chair visits and nothing works like this.