What's new

Fresh Kava Root Nene

hightides42

our Roots run deep
That fresh green taste, bit of almond and muted pepper, has won us over! Effect takes us on a clean mellow ride, clearheaded and relaxed. Have gone thru near one pound/500 grams of GHK's instant Nene and find it very fresh tasting, but not like the Ranch's green frozen root, whole different level as you say.
Great review~ ::tipshat::::KavaChug::

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That fresh green taste, bit of almond and muted pepper, has won us over! Effect takes us on a clean mellow ride, clearheaded and relaxed. Have gone thru near one pound/500 grams of GHK's instant Nene and find it very fresh tasting, but not like the Ranch's green frozen root, whole different level as you say.
Great review~ ::tipshat::::KavaChug::
I got the rest of the Nene on it's way to my mailbox. ::KavaChug::

Sorries, lol.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
This kava was amazing dry from Chris, but it's miles away fresh, it's almost like a different kava. Heavy in all the right ways..

I had no idea fresh Hawaiian kava tasted this good I had already had the pleasure of trying tryin' Mike's fresh root from Vanu but this is next level! Definitely worth trying.
It's wonderful to read these reviews and comments and how fortunate it is that both Chris at Gourmet Hawaiian Kava and the Pu'u O Hoku Ranch folks offer Nene and other Hawaiian kava. They grow and process and sell their own products. Nene has always been a favorite of mine and I've had Chris's, Pu'u O Hoku's and my own I grow and it remains a preferred cultivar. All of us who have tried it share a commonality with ancient Hawaiian people who developed these cultivars on their own and figured out which were best for what.