What's new

New 11 Year Waka (Micronized)

resiak

Kava Curious
Well the kava has settled quickly. I will still post a pic in the AM but here's how its looking currently.

resiak

Kava Curious
Ok guys, its looking like the 11 year waka is not noble [emoji35] Pretty disappointing!

I have some koniak and boroguru that I am going to test later for comparison pics.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Ok guys, its looking like the 11 year waka is not noble [emoji35] Pretty disappointing!

I have some koniak and boroguru that I am going to test later for comparison pics.
I "like" this picture much better because it's clearer than the other and well maybe this song fits with the testing of the 11 year waka.
Thanks for your test resiak.(y)
I've yet to perform any because of all the wonderful tests already done on the kavas I drink proving their nobility. ;)

resiak

Kava Curious
I "like" this picture much better because it's clearer than the other and well maybe this song fits with the testing of the 11 year waka.
Thanks for your test resiak.(y)
I've yet to perform any because of all the wonderful tests already done on the kavas I drink proving their nobility. ;)
lol! [emoji12]

Yea I saw all the rave reviews on the 11 year waka and for some reason it never occurred to me that it may not be noble. Duh!

I won't be purchasing any more new kavas without knowing whether or not its noble. This stuff wasn't cheap and I'm feeling a bit ripped off ATM.

violet

Do all things with love
@resiak Man, I know I'd be feeling the same way. When I got some Vanuatu-labelled kava that was very much a tudei the vendor took responsibility for it and gave me a refund. With Fijian kavas, we do have to mindful that there are no standards for noble or tudei type kavas, and Fijian kava is often adulterated with if not straight up tudei. With a Fijian it can go either way, and the kava consumer should be aware of that. The only problem with BKH's micronized Fijian that BKH introduced it as a noble kava in the first post of "New 11 Year Waka (Micronized)" (bolding mine).
We've decided to sell the 11 Year Waka that we recently procured. If kava loses some potency after a certain age, this kava would have been nuts at it's height. It's crazy strong, and it's almost sweet on the palate. 11 years of growing served it well. This is a noble, completely organic, "white kava" from Fiji. ...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
In their defense I'm sure they only have word of mouth to go on. It's most likely exactly what the supplier has it advertised as.

resiak

Kava Curious
OK guys so I'm going to eventually test all of these but for now I don't have enough jars. I'd like to test two of these for comparison to the waka, one know noble and one know tudei.

Which should I choose?

GHK -Opihikao
GHK- Mahakea
GHK -Hanakapi'ai
N@H- Wow
N@H -Solomon
N@H -Stone
BKH -Boroguru
BKH -Koniak
BKH -Waka
Tanna Kava- MM
Waka - Kava Kauai
Special Reserve-Kava Kauai
Kava Roots-Kava Kauai
Paradaise Kava Hawaian ISA?
Paradise Kava Hawaii?
Tongan Pride- Rex
Tongan Lightning - Rex
ISA -Rex
Fiji Waka -unkown

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
OK guys so I'm going to eventually test all of these but for now I don't have enough jars. I'd like to test two of these for comparison to the waka, one know noble and one know tudei.

Which should I choose?

GHK -Opihikao
GHK- Mahakea
GHK -Hanakapi'ai
N@H- Wow
N@H -Solomon
N@H -Stone
BKH -Boroguru
BKH -Koniak
BKH -Waka
Tanna Kava- MM
Waka - Kava Kauai
Kava Roots-Kava Kauai
Paradaise Kava Hawaian ISA?
Paradise Kava Hawaii?
Tongan Pride- Rex
Tongan Lightning - Rex
ISA -Rex
Fiji Waka -unkown
You've all these on hand

D

Deleted User01

@resiak. You could test a Kava from GHK against the Tongan from Rex or Paradise Hawaiian Kava. I only say that because I don't think either of those vendors have been tested yet. Anyway, test something that hasn't been tested yet. You have to use GHK as the noble and then select other. @Deleted User, what do you think? You are the master tester here. Try to get a white poster board as a background. It'll come in handy for your next School Project. :rolleyes: You might also consider sending Deleted User the samples and let him run them thru his Lab Equipment. We can get a numeric value that way. Either way, I appreciate all the effort that you are putting into this. @Deleted User, any ideas?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I agree, test the Tongan, and use GKH and Isa as a reference.

I'd love to get samples of any KBR products, as well as Wow and Stone. PM me if you could send some of these, or some of all!
I have both that I could give you some. Unfortunately I'm in Oregon and they are in Sacramento. I'll check in with you when I get back to see if you still want some. (p.s. right now I'm living solely on Chris's Mo'i Instant. It's kinda like survival in the wilderness up here but with someone that's got your back covered :) )

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'll check my pantry, but I think I have a boatload of thier fijian waka. Stuff's way too powdery for me. And I figured that out after I ordered 3 kilos. So yeah, I'm reasonably sure I have "enough" to send you a test sample. I'll check when I get home tonight.