What's new

New guy could really use some help.

Logan

Hello all. This forum seems like a great place to hang out, very friendly! I am looking forward to getting to know the people here. I have been curious about Kava for several years now and decided to pull the trigger. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times and I apologize if that's true. I've tried using the search feature but I think I might be a different case. I have a pound of Bula house Waka that I am getting zero effects from. My first try was yesterday. I used 2 tablespoons shaken vigorously in 6 ounces of water for 30 minutes and strained with a coffee filter. Zero effect. So that brings me to tonight. I really took my time and used 4 heaping tablespoons in about 10 ounces using some stockings so I could really squeeze and work it. Again, an hour and a half later, zero effects other than a SLIGHT numbing of my tongue for 30 seconds :/ I had not eaten 6 hours prior to make sure it wasn't that. I am kind of at a loss here. Sounds I bump it up to 8 tablespoons...12? I would be happy with any help! Thank you!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I'd increase by 2 tbsp at a time. Do it for five minutes, pour that off and do a second wash for five minutes. Mix them both together and drink half at a time.

Palmetto

Thank God!
Heat up your water to about as hot as you can put your hand in. It will make the kava extraction stronger. After drinking kava for a while, you feel it every time. It's weird like that. It wasn't until almost the end of my third pound that I felt strong effects.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
To tag on Kavasseur's post, some of us experience RT (reverse tolerance) for the first week or two, you are doing great, just keep drinking it everyday, until you break through RT (Some argue there is no such thing, but don't worry about that). It took me 10 days to feel the full effects of kava.

Welcome to the krunked ship :)

Noah

Kava Curious
You might try a different prep method. I Recently purchased an aluball (from Amazon), and it really helped boost the effects for me. A lot of people will swear by the traditional prep, but I find the aluball works best. Keep up the good work - you will break through!