What's new

New Kava Beverage

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@Stay Cool Could you provide us with some information regarding your company? Length of time in business, location, and anything about the owners you'd like to tell us? :)

Your product looks interesting. 200mg of kavalactones is pretty decent for a beverage.

Stay Cool

Kava Curious
Absolutely! We launched a couple of months ago but we spent about a year formulating and putting our beverage together. My business partner and I started drinking kava a couple years ago in Austin, TX as we gravitated away from alcohol and other vices towards a healthier alternative. Kava was great for sleep and anxiety but we could never get used to the earthy/bitter taste. Therefore, we didn't drink it as much as we wanted to until we came up with the idea of a readymade beverage. We wanted to provide an alternative for those who want the benefits of kava but either can't stomach the taste or just want something easy to drink on the go.

ProjectK

Kava Enthusiast
I remember a while ago having a Kava Cola..and it was honestly a great experience. We need more products on the market like this with high concentrations of kavalactones. Very interested.

Stay Cool

Kava Curious
A high KL prepared beverage is definitely interesting.
I'm naturally curious about the details: What method do you use to make the extract: water, alcohol or CO2 extraction? Is there a complete list of ingredients available?
It’s an ethanol extraction but keep in mind there is no ethanol left in the finished product. Attached find our ingredients panel.

Attachments

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
No, most kava shells have at most 70mg of kavalactones and our beverage has 200mg of kavalactones per bottle so roughly 3 shells
Ok, thanks. Ethanol extractions seem to be pretty safe. I think you've got a very promising product! :)

Also, what Henry says. Four 100vt shells, and you're gonna have a hard time walking.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I noticed it said 200 kavalactones under the 500 mg extract. That’s not that many unless you mean 200mg. Haha just nit picking but maybe something to change on the next label run. Best of luck to you!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Want to change it up or can’t stomach traditional kava? Or just want to try a tasty alternative? Check us out! We provide a ready-to-drink tasty twist that packs a punch equal to 3 kava shells!.
Nice website, and interesting product. I think there is definitely a place for these flavored kava beverages for the casual drinker or introducing the benefits of kava to the beginner. For most of the kava heads on the forum it is likely not enough KL/serving for the money to make it worth it. My wife on the other hand occasionally imbibes with me but hates the taste. I may grab a six and see how she likes it. Will this be your only product or are you planning developing more? Different flavors? I also wouldn't mind knowing more about your sourcing and testing to insure noblity of the kava, but I understand if you feel that is proprietary.

Stay Cool

Kava Curious
Nice website, and interesting product. I think there is definitely a place for these flavored kava beverages for the casual drinker or introducing the benefits of kava to the beginner. For most of the kava heads on the forum it is likely not enough KL/serving for the money to make it worth it. My wife on the other hand occasionally imbibes with me but hates the taste. I may grab a six and see how she likes it. Will this be your only product or are you planning developing more? Different flavors? I also wouldn't mind knowing more about your sourcing and testing to insure noblity of the kava, but I understand if you feel that is proprietary.
Thank you for your kind comments. We know our product won’t be for everyone but like you said, it can great for people who hate the taste of traditional kava or a great way to ease new kava drinkers into it. We are working on a new flavor right now but haven’t finalized anything yet. Any particular flavor you think would be good? We also have a couple other products in mind for the future. Everything will be all natural and healthy as we consider ourselves a wellness company. Also, we source our kava from Fiji and as I can’t give exact details, I can assure you our kava is Noble kava and we cultivate our plants the proper way.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thank you for your kind comments. We know our product won’t be for everyone but like you said, it can great for people who hate the taste of traditional kava or a great way to ease new kava drinkers into it. We are working on a new flavor right now but haven’t finalized anything yet. Any particular flavor you think would be good? We also have a couple other products in mind for the future. Everything will be all natural and healthy as we consider ourselves a wellness company. Also, we source our kava from Fiji and as I can’t give exact details, I can assure you our kava is Noble kava and we cultivate our plants the proper way.
Oh, I'm a grog drinker but I would love to be able to order a beverage like this in a bar or coffee shop or cafe or whatever or even from a convenience store. I'd order it, for sure.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
In my opinion, fruit flavors are the way to go. The sweetness is the best thing to counteract the sometimes bitter kava taste. Extracts have always tasted better to me than straight kava so I am not sure how much of a concern that is. On the other hand stay away from the overly sicky sweet crap like the 5hr energy drinks. That stuff is awful. A few years ago when I drank a lot of microgind I would sometimes mix with orange juice or cranberry juice. Both have enough sweetness to cover the taste. I also tried a few times mixing it with some bare naked juices (http://www.nakedjuice.com/) with good results as well. Good luck with this product!