What's new

New Kava User...

eyemgh

Kava Curious
I decided to try Kava to help with some mild anxiety and to replace a bit of the buzz feeling I miss from cutting back on EtOH.

I started with the Gaia commercial product and then graduated to Paradise extract. I'm in Portland and I thought I'd look for a bar to do my first "real" experience. Low and behold, Bula Kava House is in Portland!

Two shells later and I'm very happy. :D:D:D

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you're already on the right track. Buy some boroguru and a strainer to take home with you ;)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yea, I have ordered from BKH. they have really great kava. Im glad your first experience went well. Not really sure what EtOH is? But what ever it is, Kava is the way to go also allow me to be the first to
wellcome.jpg
you to the Kava Forums. Much love. Roaddog....

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you're already on the right track. Buy some boroguru and a strainer to take home with you ;)
I thought I had the first welcome in the bag. Then you slip right in there while I was posting. Very clever there my friend. Very clever.::ricky::. Much love. Roaddog....

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Welcome! Yep, you're on the right track. If you're still at the bar, ask for Judd and tell him Jimmy says "Hi". Maybe he'll give you a free shell...then again he might charge you double, lol. Enjoy your stay here, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I decided to try Kava to help with some mild anxiety and to replace a bit of the buzz feeling I miss from cutting back on EtOH.
I used to drink with my friends all the time...the more I kept with kava, the less I found myself even wanting to. Now i'm to the point where I almost dread nights where I have to...
I guess it's still alright for those occasions where I want to go out and 'accidentally' wake up in bed with Lindsay Lohan though :smuggrin:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I used to drink with my friends all the time...the more I kept with kava, the less I found myself even wanting to. Now i'm to the point where I almost dread nights where I have to...
I guess it's still alright for those occasions where I want to go out and 'accidentally' wake up in bed with Lindsay Lohan though :smuggrin:
I guess that makes you the lucky one again. This is the luck of my draw. (p.s. I really hate bars in Palm Springs)

eyemgh

Kava Curious
Just out of curiosity, how many mg of kavalactone per hand brewed cup?

BTW, three bugged the stomach.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Truthfully it can be anywhere from 100mg to a nearly a gram of kavalactones in a hand squeezed traditional brew. Also it can vary from batch to batch, from bag to bag, and from technique to technique of preparation. In short, it's a crap shoot.