What's new

New Member / Kava Newbie

Alien

Kava Newbie
Just got an email that my order of the extract from PK is finalized. I had ordered Friday evening and that's about the worst time to order anything as you will wait longer than ordering any other day & time. They included a USPS tracking number in the email but it shows nothing, of course, and probably won't until later tonight or tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll get it delivered on Thursday or Friday. My order with Nakamal At Home was also placed Friday night and I received an email confirmation it was received and completed that evening. Still no word on shipping yet but they may not provide a follow up email with shipping info, I don't know. Meanwhile my Amazon order with Wakacon was delivered today and with my Prime shipping will arrive Wednesday.

I still look forward to BKH getting his resupply any day now so I can place an order with him.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Just got an email that my order of the extract from PK is finalized. I had ordered Friday evening and that's about the worst time to order anything as you will wait longer than ordering any other day & time. They included a USPS tracking number in the email but it shows nothing, of course, and probably won't until later tonight or tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll get it delivered on Thursday or Friday. My order with Nakamal At Home was also placed Friday night and I received an email confirmation it was received and completed that evening. Still no word on shipping yet but they may not provide a follow up email with shipping info, I don't know. Meanwhile my Amazon order with Wakacon was delivered today and with my Prime shipping will arrive Wednesday.

I still look forward to BKH getting his resupply any day now so I can place an order with him.
I live in Canada and pk delivered in 9 days which I thought was pretty darn good .They are great to do business with

M

Metchit

Made my first order friday evening as well.. :D from BKH
I also live in Canada, Kavanewb do you have any experience with ordering from BKH?
If so how long is the wait? i can't control my patience! haha!

CanAwa

Yes ..they actually took a bit longer but it was well worth the wait ..I'm new to the scene andhave only tried about 3 different varieties ..what did you order and where in Canada are ya from ?

Alien

Kava Newbie
I live in Canada and pk delivered in 9 days which I thought was pretty darn good .They are great to do business with
Yeah, no worries. I know I ordered on the worst day & time you possibly could. I do have to admit that impatience is my number one character flaw and has always been a great source of anxiety for me. At least I know I will receive and can try out the Wakacon kava on Wednesday. :)

Alien

Kava Newbie
Made my first order friday evening as well.. :D from BKH
I also live in Canada, Kavanewb do you have any experience with ordering from BKH?
If so how long is the wait? i can't control my patience! haha!
Which product did you order from BKH? They've only had one of three products I'm interested in since checking on Friday. Are you new to kava as well or just new to that vendor?

M

Metchit

southern Alberta so i'm hoping since i'm pretty close to Portland it wont be too long of a wait.
I'm new to kava as well, i've only had the kava extract pills that only got me a taste of what i've heard kava has to offer!

I ordered the Koniak as pretty much everything was out of stock and i don't plan on using it daily.
It seemed like the best bang for my buck, but i've heard mixed reviews and that i should take caution with
it since i'm a noobie.

can't wait :arghh:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
do you have any experience with ordering from BKH?
I've ordered from both BKH and N@K. BKH is in Portland OR and N@K Florida. My experience is that if you order early enough in the day (during their business hours) they will both ship the same day. They both use USPS priority (at least stateside) and since I'm in San Diego, I can get a BKH in two days, but from Florida at least 3 to 4 days. The key is to be aware of their timezone and give them enough time to pack the order. I think the deadline for shipping USPS is around 3pm (their time).

My very first order was exciting as well. But now that I have enough on-hand, I make sure I re-order something in plenty of time before I run out, so now it's not so much an issue for me.

CanAwa

You may not feel it at all being a newbie ..took me 3 good batches of grog to get the effect..or it may hit you hard. I haven't had the koniak because it doesn't sound like what I'm looking for in a kava ..I ordered d some mello mello before it was out of stock and love it

CanAwa

But the pk Fijian was my first buy and it is a grreat kava too ..I'm slurring my text from the. Mello right now !!!

M

Metchit

I really wanted the melo melo as well! will have to purchase some when it's back in stock!

*waits for kava* :banghead:

CanAwa

It's very nice ..the taste isn't as great as I had hoped ( kava tastes like dirt in any case ) but the effects are subtle at first and then build into a great relaxing time ..and then the magical sleep ! That being said it's certainly not the worst tasting kava out there and the price and effects are great ..and bkh is a great vendor to deal with

Alien

Kava Newbie
I really wanted the melo melo as well! will have to purchase some when it's back in stock!

*waits for kava* :banghead:
Me, too. I think it's newbies like us who are to blame for them being out of stock of many of their kavas.

Alien

Kava Newbie
Damn Newbies!!! :D
I know you say it in jest, but wouldn't it be disappointing if newbies bought out his stock again within hours of his resupply and you missed out again? :joyful:

I know I'm personally checking his shop/site several times a day to see if his stock is back.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I know I'm personally checking his shop/site several times a day to see if his stock is back.
What?? You're not on the preferred shipping list yet? You know, the one where they ship their product to you before they post it on the web site?

3D_emoticon_58.gif

(don't get upset @Alien, just having some fun!!)

Alien

Kava Newbie
What?? You're not on the preferred shipping list yet? You know, the one where they ship their product to you before they post it on the web site?

View attachment 329

(don't get upset @Alien, just having some fun!!)
Nah, not upset. I did just get a shipping confirmation email from NAH though. Now I have both PK and NAH's tracking number pages on the USPS website favorited. I wonder which will get here first. I'm pretty much right in-between them both being in Oklahoma.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Nah, not upset. I did just get a shipping confirmation email from NAH though. Now I have both PK and NAH's tracking number pages on the USPS website favorited. I wonder which will get here first. I'm pretty much right in-between them both being in Oklahoma.
PK is from Hawaii and N@H (what you refer to as NAH) is from Florida. So I'm betting the N@H order gets to you first.

Last edited: