What's new

New to Kava and need advice

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Hey guys!
My wife and I are new to kava. Our experience has only been with drinkroot Vanuatu instant kava. I enjoyed it. It was very heady and actually tasted pretty good mixed with milk and a touch of hazelnut coffee creamer. 100% numbed my mouth and had a pleasant warmth over my body. That being said..

I want to up my kava game but I dont know where to purchase and what to expect from a kava vendor. We want some recommendations from experts in kava. So that's why we're here. Can you please point us in the right direction for heady kava good for reducing anxiety and chronic pain? We'd really appreciate the help and advice. Thanks!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Hey guys!
My wife and I are new to kava. Our experience has only been with drinkroot Vanuatu instant kava. I enjoyed it. It was very heady and actually tasted pretty good mixed with milk and a touch of hazelnut coffee creamer. 100% numbed my mouth and had a pleasant warmth over my body. That being said..

I want to up my kava game but I dont know where to purchase and what to expect from a kava vendor. We want some recommendations from experts in kava. So that's why we're here. Can you please point us in the right direction for heady kava good for reducing anxiety and chronic pain? We'd really appreciate the help and advice. Thanks!
All of the vendors that are listed on this site are good suppliers of quality root and you can find reviews. Heady and pain relief tend to be on opposite ends of the spectrum. For me heavier "couch potato" kavas tend to give me more muscle pain relief than the headier varieties. Since you are new it will take some hunting and pecking to find kavas that work for what you want - and that is part of the fun. I recommend getting small amounts or sampler packs from vendors to see what you like.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I recommend Squanch Kava, specifically Fijan Waka. buy smaller amounts first of different kava's until you find waht synergizes well with you everyone is diffeerent when ti comes to strains and ALSO to specific batches. That's the unique thing about Kava, it speaks to us differently based on what you're taking and where you are in YOUR life. :)

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey guys!

Welcome aboard, one of the better ways to get a feel for the different strains of kava is to get a sample pack. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, Bula Kava House and Kalm with Kava all sell sample packs. I believe one or more of them, let you pick and choose what comes in the sample pack.

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Welcome aboard, one of the better ways to get a feel for the different strains of kava is to get a sample pack. Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, Bula Kava House and Kalm with Kava all sell sample packs. I believe one or more of them, let you pick and choose what comes in the sample pack.
The wife and I have been looking at kalm with kava. They sell it on Amazon. I'm stoked I found this stuff. I just had surgery a month ago and may require additional surgery on my knee. I'm in a high level of pain and the doctor took me off the pain medication. I started to look in to alternative pain therapy and found nootropics and kava. I bought the drinkroot tin and REALLY enjoyed it. I wish I had more! (I wish there was more lol) I made a total of 4 "cups" or shells with a bit of warm water, milk, and a touch of hazelnut coffee creamer. It blew me away. I'm sold. I can't believe more ppl don't know about this stuff. Maybe it's a good thing they don't, more for us lol! I want a more traditional experience. And from what I read, the more traditional you go the more gratifying the experience is. I'm getting a second tin from drinkroot tomorrow and will be ordering more as soon as I can. Glad to meet you all and Bula my friends!

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
By the way, the USPS sucks lol. No kava tonight. But, we will have both the drinkroot and kisa. Thinking about mixing some grind and spiking with instant. Lol. BIG BULA!