What's new

New to kava :D

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Hey boys and girls!

I'm relatively new to kava, I've tried liquid extracts and capsules. Mixed results.

I have been lurking and reading a lot on here. I just placed an order for some Mahakea Medium Grind, from Ghk. Seemed like an obvious choice from what I've read.

Just wanted to say hi, and I am super excited to try some real kava!

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Hey boys and girls!

I'm relatively new to kava, I've tried liquid extracts and capsules. Mixed results.

I have been lurking and reading a lot on here. I just placed an order for some Mahakea Medium Grind, from Ghk. Seemed like an obvious choice from what I've read.

Just wanted to say hi, and I am super excited to try some real kava!
Welcome to the forums, @Blippy5!

Excellent choice on a first *real* kava. Good luck with your first outing with traditional prep---it can take some experimentation. I think that if you've gotten any results with extracts and capsules, you'll probably get 10x results with the real article. Please keep posting your experiences, as we love to read kava epiphanies!

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
Welcome here @Blippy5
Mahakea Medium Grind is my favourite all-round kava. It gives a nice and sedated buzz and will make you sleep like a baby.
Good luck ;);)

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Just got my kava in the mail today. It was delayed a day by USPS, because the sent it to the wrong facility. No big deal really.

So I've made a nice batch of grog. Only about 30 mins into it. Right away I feel a little sleep, and a lot of muscle relief.

I recently started a new, and vet physical job, so I've been really soar. Appriciating that effect.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Well done. Props to you for starting with traditional prep, hope you like it.
Thanks!
Never progressed really from my earlier update, feeling something alright. I think I will have som RT to deal with.

I drank most of my grog from today, maybe I will use less to build up. I mixed 5 tbs of medium with 16oz (2 cups) of water, 4 oz (half cup) for the second wash, and mixed them together.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
I am still enjoying my Mahakea, getting lots of practice with kneading.
Getting some effects, but still going through RT I think.
I ordered a pound of Kava Boy today. It seems to get good reviews on here, and you can't beat that price.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
It's a fantastic value. Consider Boroguru from GHK too, as it's also a fantastic value though more balanced and less heady than KavaBoy's Tongan.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Welcome! The mahakea is one of my standout favs. Times are tough so it's been placed on "payday weekend" status for now.

Kavaboy is a good, heady root. I hope you enjoy it!

Any questions just ask these fine folks! Not me though....the finer ones. ::awesomesmiles::

Blippy5

Certified Noble
Haha blindy, I'll keep that in mind!
I finished my Mahakea already :( unfortunately, it doesn't seem like kava boy has shipped my order yet; Even though I placed it Saturday. If I have the money this week I may put in another order with GHK, Chris seems to ship fast!