What's new

New to this Forum :D

Rishi678

Kava Curious
Hi everyone :)

I just found this forum the other day and thought I would like to register to be a part of the conversations about Kava and other things.

I don't drink alcohol and am interested in the more subtle effects of kava both as a social lubricant and as something to help me when I have occasional insomnia.

I have used it several times in the past with some good results, but I hear that it takes a relatively long period of time until one really understands the feeling of Kava.

I look forward to chatting with you guys more soon.

Thanks!!

Rishi

Sean D.

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome.

I for one get overwhelmed at parties and have also been experimenting with having kava help with my anxiousness in those situations. But mostly I use it to ward off tension and muscle tension.

Regards

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the forum, where all your Kava Dreams will come true.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I'm of the opinion, from personal experience, that kava rarely helps one fall asleep. As an aid to dreaming, of course, and perhaps it will allow one to sleep more soundly through the night. I think the best thing is proper sleep hygiene, which sadly is a lost art in the age of portable electronic devices everywhere.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Welcome, Rishi! Kava is great for all the things you mentioned, and so much more. What you'll notice hanging around here though is the intangible ability it has to create a certain type of positive community (most of the time). This has been happening for over 3,000 years, starting in Vanuatu villages, before moving to other island nations. Then that sense of community evolved to public island nakamals, and continued to 'western' kava bars, and even online forums.

I own a kava bar in Portland and my favorite part of the gig is seeing the regulars. They're from drastically different walks of life, yet get along like family around bitter, earthy coconut shells full if this sacred drink. I suppose I'm kind of rambling here, but it just occurred to me that without visits to kava drinking cultures, or having a kava bar in your home town, it's easy to miss out on a major part of what kava actually is, in a more visceral sense.

Beyond the kava bar, I operate an online store and we have multiple kava varieties and I can nearly guarantee you'll find at least one that you'll absolutely love! Based on what you said you're looking for, I'd recommend trying our Waka or Nambawan, which is out of stock for the next week or so. Of course kava will sometimes affect one person differently than the next, so you may have to do some experimenting.

Anyway, enjoy the forum. Feel free to ask questions. Myself, and most other members are quite happy to help out in any way we can

Rishi678

Kava Curious
Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone! Judd thanks for taking some time to share that info. I will check out your website soon :)

Looking forward to going to my first kava bar in a few weeks, its the first one opening around San Fran that I know.