What's new

New Way to Drink Coffee (Kava style)...

Nikki Collins

Kava Curious
Lately, I've been doing traditional prep from my weekly Aluball prep throughout the week. I find that my 3rd wash of this is sometimes more subtle so I have been freezing it in ice cube trays to add to my Kava throughout the week. I am also an avid coffee drinker (it replaced my cigarette habit and I personally find it relaxing - which I found out is due to my ADHD). Now that it's summer I find myself brewing my own iced coffee, and when I saw my big bag of "Kava Cubes" when making my iced coffee this morning, it dawned on me that I can add a few cubes to my coffee and make it even more relaxing (it may also help those who find coffee too jittery). Just wanted to share in case this will help anyone else out too! BTW, you can also save left over black coffee and freeze to make iced coffee cubes so it doesn't get too watered down if you like that too.

nashfire

Stay Rooted
Lately, I've been doing traditional prep from my weekly Aluball prep throughout the week. I find that my 3rd wash of this is sometimes more subtle so I have been freezing it in ice cube trays to add to my Kava throughout the week. I am also an avid coffee drinker (it replaced my cigarette habit and I personally find it relaxing - which I found out is due to my ADHD). Now that it's summer I find myself brewing my own iced coffee, and when I saw my big bag of "Kava Cubes" when making my iced coffee this morning, it dawned on me that I can add a few cubes to my coffee and make it even more relaxing (it may also help those who find coffee too jittery). Just wanted to share in case this will help anyone else out too! BTW, you can also save left over black coffee and freeze to make iced coffee cubes so it doesn't get too watered down if you like that too.
Cool tip! Have not done the "kava cubes" yet...I do like my kava cold though!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I love seeing people use the kava ice cube tray trick. It's one I don't see getting much love, but what's more awesome than chilling your kava with...oh that's right, more kava. One bit of info to keep in mind is that over time kava may make you more sensitive to caffeine. The way kava is metabolized uses the same enzymes that caffeine uses to metabolize. This can cause the caffeine to stick around a bit longer. For many people this is seen as a positive, but anyone overly sensitive to caffeine may not like the combination.

Nikki Collins

Kava Curious
I love seeing people use the kava ice cube tray trick. It's one I don't see getting much love, but what's more awesome than chilling your kava with...oh that's right, more kava. One bit of info to keep in mind is that over time kava may make you more sensitive to caffeine. The way kava is metabolized uses the same enzymes that caffeine uses to metabolize. This can cause the caffeine to stick around a bit longer. For many people this is seen as a positive, but anyone overly sensitive to caffeine may not like the combination.
Thanks, I appreciate it! Caffeine has always been a friend of mine luckily.