What's new

Newbie with Kava

Fathom

So I don't drink alcohol since I was like a teenager, I am 37 now, hate the stuff, the feeling and even being near drunk people, to a point seeing a loved one drunk can give me an anxiety attack.

Later in life I got tramadol for a spinal issue, and got addicted, that led to codeine and eventually K@.

I heard about Kava but never really thought much of it till I saw a K@ vs kava video where 8 out of the 10 ppl asked preferred Kava, so this really peaked my interest.

So 100g of instant solomon chief kava arrived yesterday and I tried some in the evening, a 5g dose in cold water, first thing noticed was lips and tongue went numb, a sign of good kava I'm led to believe. But then after that not much really, was more tired than I usually was probably only thing I could notice. Reverse tolerance is a thing I hear, but i'm also very scared of drugs and things like that, never touched coke etc, weed just makes me ill even with 1 puff.

So where would people recommend I go from here, just a 5g dose each evening hoping reverse tolerance may take effect over time, or shall I do more/less, I'm also scared of the nausea doing too much, K@ nausea is the worst, but i've not had it in years now the nausea.

With K@ I mix between making some pills if in a rush, or making a tea out of it using coffee filters when I have the time to relax. I noticed the taste of Kava was ultimately worse than K@ on so many levels, can instant kava be shoved into some empty capsules and taken, or does it need to be done by liquid form?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So I don't drink alcohol since I was like a teenager, I am 37 now, hate the stuff, the feeling and even being near drunk people, to a point seeing a loved one drunk can give me an anxiety attack.

Later in life I got tramadol for a spinal issue, and got addicted, that led to codeine and eventually K@.

I heard about Kava but never really thought much of it till I saw a K@ vs kava video where 8 out of the 10 ppl asked preferred Kava, so this really peaked my interest.

So 100g of instant solomon chief kava arrived yesterday and I tried some in the evening, a 5g dose in cold water, first thing noticed was lips and tongue went numb, a sign of good kava I'm led to believe. But then after that not much really, was more tired than I usually was probably only thing I could notice. Reverse tolerance is a thing I hear, but i'm also very scared of drugs and things like that, never touched coke etc, weed just makes me ill even with 1 puff.

So where would people recommend I go from here, just a 5g dose each evening hoping reverse tolerance may take effect over time, or shall I do more/less, I'm also scared of the nausea doing too much, K@ nausea is the worst, but i've not had it in years now the nausea.

With K@ I mix between making some pills if in a rush, or making a tea out of it using coffee filters when I have the time to relax. I noticed the taste of Kava was ultimately worse than K@ on so many levels, can instant kava be shoved into some empty capsules and taken, or does it need to be done by liquid form?
Welcome. We're glad to have you!

Sounds like you need to pound your system with kavalactones to get the ball rolling.

i'm also very scared of drugs and things like that
Absolutely no need here. Kava is one of the easiest going experiences you can have. You'll never feel out of control or outside of yourself. One of the best things about kava is that it keeps you firmly rooted in reality.