What's new

New member here . I have yet to try, Kava . I’ve been seriously looking into it for anxiety relief., I understand the taste can be a bit earthy. I have two concerns. First I have Crohn’s disease and does Kava cause any gastroenterol issues or flare ups ? Second : are there any strains where the numbness to the mouth and tongue are minimal ? From what I’ve researched it sounds as though the feeling in the mouth is much like Novacaine. that within itself is kind of turning me off. Any suggestions much appreciated.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Second : are there any strains where the numbness to the mouth and tongue are minimal ? From what I’ve researched it sounds as though the feeling in the mouth is much like Novacaine. that within itself is kind of turning me off. Any suggestions much appreciated.
Welcome aboard, the mouth numbing is very temporary but effects will last 1 to several hours, depending on the type and quantity consumed. Stay away from the heady varieties and you'll avoid that feeling. Kalm With Kava Borongoru is a great place to start, The kava is from Vanuatu and on the sedating side, lees mouth numbing with more pronounced body heaviness.

Generally speaking the numbness goes away in a few minutes, specially if you chase it with some ginger beer or other beverage.