What's new

Nicotine and Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinkyrocket

Kava Enthusiast
Idk if this has already been discussed or if it's allowed, but, would you say a nicotine "buzz" complements or detracts from a kava "buzz" and vice versa? I've read various studies that say sodium channel blockade can decrease the activity of the reward system when coapplied with the most common addictive substances but that may not be all there is to it. Kava may be able to help people quit smoking or drinking by decreasing the addictive nature of those substances but the positive feelings may be mediated by a different pathway, for example. This may apply to vaping, SNUS, or smoking.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Idk if this has already been discussed or if it's allowed, but, would you say a nicotine "buzz" complements or detracts from a kava "buzz" and vice versa? I've read various studies that say sodium channel blockade can decrease the activity of the reward system when coapplied with the most common addictive substances but that may not be all there is to it. Kava may be able to help people quit smoking or drinking by decreasing the addictive nature of those substances but the positive feelings may be mediated by a different pathway, for example. This may apply to vaping, SNUS, or smoking.
Oh it's totally allowed, and thanks for bringing it up.

When I smoked cigarettes, smoking one after kava was something I absolutely LOVED to do. I quit smoking cigarettes, and now only use a vape. Since then I don't associate the two what-so-ever, and haven't once gotten the same feeling I got when I smoked cigs. It may have been something to do with the MAOIs contained in cigarettes that are absent in eliquid. You're on to something, but thanks to using my vaporizer I'm afraid I wont be trying it out again with real tobacco for science :)

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Non smoker here, but I enjoy a bit of vape naysh during kava sessions.

Every time I've tried a real cigarette it made me feel sick... so I may not be the best example.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Ex smoker here of 19 years. I quit smoking 7 years ago and switched to vaping long before kava. Nowadays, I barely vape over 3mg's of nicotine so I don't really notice any difference. I did quit drinking with kava so I think there is some merit to kava being helpful in giving up other vices. I personally don't feel any difference with nicotine and kava.

Status
Not open for further replies.