What's new

No love for Nene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live2Ski

So I've got a micro sampler with Moi, mahakea, amd Nene.
I'd already been through a half lb of Moi. Tried some of the Mahakea, but tonight, the Nene really seemed to hit me hard. Nothing bad, just really felt it after 3tbs. I've had a 4th and feel fine. Not sleepy as I've heard people say it knocked them out. Probably go have one more tbsp. then eat. Hoping I sleep well.

I just noted that the initial effects were more pronounced that any other session, which is good. Might be ordering a half or full lb of this stuff.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Nene is great. I save it for special occasions where the languid calm it imparts is the perfect cherry on top of that special kind of day where downshifting seems impossible and I fear slamming into my bed in an agitated state with far too much nervous rumination to keep me flopping back and forth under the comforter.

You'll find MUCH love for Nene here. On my kava food-pyramid, it's prominently featured at neither the base nor apex.

Live2Ski

Well, after the last tbsp, I really didn't see an increase in effect. It's like it hit me initially with a nice wallop, but was really short lived,,and the effects moderated quite a bit, and quite quickly. Kind of disappointing.
I also had some trouble going to sleep, which was a bummer. I'm not blaming the difficulty with sleep on the kava, as I always have problems without alcohol or meds of some sort, so was hoping the Nene would help.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Well, after the last tbsp, I really didn't see an increase in effect. It's like it hit me initially with a nice wallop, but was really short lived,,and the effects moderated quite a bit, and quite quickly. Kind of disappointing.
I also had some trouble going to sleep, which was a bummer. I'm not blaming the difficulty with sleep on the kava, as I always have problems without alcohol or meds of some sort, so was hoping the Nene would help.
I think it will. Give it some time and get your RT over with, get fully acclimated to kava and you'll be happy with Nene.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
I think the most interesting thing about nene is it's varying effects on people. I would drink it during the day if I had a hammock. (Now that I think about it, I can't believe that I don't have a hammock.)

Status
Not open for further replies.