What's new

No more racing thoughts

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Yes. To a certain extent. If the mood is abysmally below the norm (say, 2/10 for a few days in a row) then histamine blocking preacription drug quetiapine before sleeping time might better, or chewing kanna / using its reliable ET2 extract.

Should go jogging or listen to music or meet interesting people if possible.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I noticed that ever since I’ve been having kava on a nearly daily basis, I don’t have the racing thoughts that I used to have.
Had anyone else experienced this effect as well?
Depends on the kava...some tend to get me "wired" and the racing mind keeps going. The more sedating ones help shut that down. They also tend to bring more unwanted side effects but it is always a balancing act.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I noticed that ever since I’ve been having kava on a nearly daily basis, I don’t have the racing thoughts that I used to have.
Yes!

I have gotten to a point that I only drink one or two washes max, per night and find this a nice balance between relaxing and unwinding to rooted ratio. I stopped chasing the first shell feeling and have learned to enjoy the one, per evening and this balance has worked out for me. I need a day off here and there if my stomach is off or if I already overly tired. For me balance and moderation is the key to all the benefits kava has to offer me, with as little negative side effects as I have gotten. The kava type makes no difference for me, besides their individual lactone profile differences.

krunkgod

Kava Enthusiast

Honestly depends on the kind. I've had a fijian kava once that sent me into a panic everytime I drank it, was very weird. If I'm sticking to heavier kava than yes it does work well for keeping my thoughts more zen.

yestothat

Kava Curious
Meditation and prayer helped end my bout with racing thoughts many years ago.

Sometimes kava makes me feel hypervigilant and a little OCD (not clinical) until it wears off. I'd notice spots on the kitchen counter that I absolutely must clean even when I know my motor skills are not 100%.

And I can't listen to music during a session or a catchy song will sometimes go on a loop and keep me up all night lol.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I'd notice spots on the kitchen counter that I absolutely must clean even when I know my motor skills are not 100%.
I'm the total opposite, kava in the picture...it can wait till Sunday...:D There will be many (kava) spots all over the kitchen..

I have resigned any expectations to have a kava splatter free kitchen, looks good in mud brown...Maybe I should just paint the kitchen some complimentary color like mint green.... lmao.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I'm the total opposite, kava in the picture...it can wait till Sunday...:D There will be many (kava) spots all over the kitchen..

I have resigned any expectations to have a kava splatter free kitchen, looks good in mud brown...Maybe I should just paint the kitchen some complimentary color like mint green.... lmao.
I have a serious problem with kava mess in my kitchen. I need to do something different to make it easier to clean up or avoid mess in the first place. For some reason it sticks to my sink really badly too, and over time it makes like a stinky starch film in the sink if I don't actually scrub the sink out after kava goes into it.

yestothat

Kava Curious

Ha! When I'm done with kava, I need it put away and out of sight. The smell of dried kava reminds me of dried spit and makes me retch.

Kiwivet

Kava Curious
I am still a little confused on how much kava to use In a sessio.

one person mentioned 8 tbsp in 2 litres but didn’t specify whether they were heaped. Either way it seems a lot. Should I weigh it?
I would struggle to drink 2 litres of any liquid tbh

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

one person mentioned 8 tbsp in 2 litres but didn’t specify whether they were heaped. Either way it seems a lot. Should I weigh it?
There is no set amount, standard dosage instructions on kava bags suggest 2 tablespoons, that is probably a good starting point. It is a good amount to determine if you can tolerate more or for some it is just enough. You can use 1 to 10 tablespoons, there is no real guide other than your own tolerance, obviously I don't recommend anyone jump in to the deep end without knowing how said kava will affect you.

Once you know your limits, you can adjust the dose to your likings.. Hope that helps. ::KavaChug::

On that note, I'm gonna have a breakfast shell...Bula!

Mixnpickngrinnin

Kava Curious

definitely weigh it if you have a scale that measures grams. If you are new to kava i'd recommed 30 grams in about 20 oz of water. For me, if i am drinking alone i use about 40g and 24 oz. If my wife wants some, I use more like 60 grams and at least a liter of water since she doesnt drink as much as i do.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Sometimes kava makes me feel hypervigilant and a little OCD (not clinical) until it wears off. I'd notice spots on the kitchen counter that I absolutely must clean even when I know my motor skills are not 100%.
Bias towards OCD is a trait that may be very useful in certain careers. In addition, some people might appreciate clean surfaces more than others. If it is moderate then it is just a trait like any other. This obsession trait can cooperate with other traits.

Obsession can be implemented for excellence.

Compulsion I do not know. Sounds unpleasant. Might be good in laboratory setting or on the field of safety engineering. Maybe it is even satisfying. Picking every last mushroom from the forest, gibbing opponent corpses meticulously in FPS game lest they be revived...

yestothat

Kava Curious
Thanks guys

I am playing with strengths and cultivars.
Tonight I am trying WOW for the first time and instant pleasurable wave! I think I am getting to that nice place you guys talk about!
Great choice! NAH's Wow is my go-to. Its effects are consistent and predictable, and the half life (?) or the time that the effects take to wear off is reliable. When I have my last cup at say 11pm, I know that there'd be very little residual effects by 8am the next day.