What's new

Nootropics Depot Noble Kava tablets

Marty-G

Kava Curious
Anyone have any experience with Nootropics Depot Noble Kava tablets?

It's a water extract tablet at 1000 mg's, 10% kavalactones

90 tablets run at $79.99 which is pretty damn good but ONLY if they are effective.

The product is fairly new & has only one positive review. In short the user said they took one tablet on an empty stomach & it hit them like a train but in a good way.

While I don't mind making kava brew, it would be nice to have something that easy to go & take in tablet form

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

90 tablets run at $79.99 which is pretty damn good but ONLY if they are effective.

The product is fairly new & has only one positive review. In short the user said they took one tablet on an empty stomach & it hit them like a train but in a good way.

While I don't mind making kava brew, it would be nice to have something that easy to go & take in tablet form
I don't have any experience with this company's products, however I fully believe the creator of these tablets is well informed of what to watch out for, so I think, personally, that this is a good source.

Zaphod

Kava Lover

I have used Nootropics Depot for some stuff. They are pretty well regarded due to their testing ability and they have not been deceptive in any of their products (that I know of). That isn't to say that all their products are safe for use, just that they are what is on the label with minimum contamination. If they say it is a water extract, and 10% would support that assertion, you can probably trust that it is a water extract. It doesn't mention if it was tested for nobility or FK prior to or after extraction.

Marty-G

Kava Curious
I don't have any experience with this company's products, however I fully believe the creator of these tablets is well informed of what to watch out for, so I think, personally, that this is a good source.

Wow thank-you for this
I think I'm going to order these soon in the upcoming week & post back my personal results

Marty-G

Kava Curious
I have used Nootropics Depot for some stuff. They are pretty well regarded due to their testing ability and they have not been deceptive in any of their products (that I know of). That isn't to say that all their products are safe for use, just that they are what is on the label with minimum contamination. If they say it is a water extract, and 10% would support that assertion, you can probably trust that it is a water extract. It doesn't mention if it was tested for nobility or FK prior to or after extraction.
Yeah, the front label on the bottle itself says Nobel Kava & if they are as true to their positive reputation as from what I've read, then I would say their product is most likely true to lable

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Yeah, the front label on the bottle itself says Nobel Kava & if they are as true to their positive reputation as from what I've read, then I would say their product is most likely true to lable
Let us know how it is. I would expect it to be much like instant.

Marty-G

Kava Curious
Hell with it. I couldn't wait, so I placed an order for 90 tablets
If you use code 10NEW you get 10% off the current price, so al in all ,not bad price wise
I pay more per pound for kava powder & only get about 10-11 servings per pound.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hell with it. I couldn't wait, so I placed an order for 90 tablets
If you use code 10NEW you get 10% off the current price, so al in all ,not bad price wise
I pay more per pound for kava powder & only get about 10-11 servings per pound.
That's the spirit :)

Let us know how it goes. I'm quietly interested in it because we don't have too many people going after extracts from the perspective of understanding why they're not as good. Should be quite interesting what they've put together.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That's the spirit :)

Let us know how it goes. I'm quietly interested in it because we don't have too many people going after extracts from the perspective of understanding why they're not as good. Should be quite interesting what they've put together.
They will never be as good even if this extract works. Kava is something else which is not this stuff. Kava works, beyond instant and fresh, there is no point or nothing better.

Show me someone bottling fresh green kava again and then I'll be truly impressed!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
They will never be as good even if this extract works. Kava is something else which is not this stuff. Kava works, beyond instant and fresh, there is no point or nothing better.

Show me someone bottling fresh green kava again and then I'll be truly impressed!
I'm totally on the same page. Always interesting to see people try to replicate it.

Marty-G

Kava Curious
@Marty-G do you get paid to do this?
Shit...I wish
But I can send you my Zelle info if you want to make a nice donation
Seriously though, I see where you're going with this & it's all good. I mean it's my first post and all but I just never really had an interest in Kava until recently after trying it in Hawaii

Marty-G

Kava Curious

If it works then why wouldn't it be as good?

If you're a purist & feel that kava should be prepared in the traditional sense then that's understandable but there are things (kava included) that can be made to work just as well.

I've had both regular kava powder, micronized & instant & the only thing that stops me from using the last two as my preferred choice is cost, other then that they both had the same effects as regular prepared kava

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin

If you're a purist & feel that kava should be prepared in the traditional sense then that's understandable but there are things (kava included) that can be made to work just as well.

I've had both regular kava powder, micronized & instant & the only thing that stops me from using the last two as my preferred choice is cost, other then that they both had the same effects as regular prepared kava
I am just pointing out a distinction often missed between an extract and kava. It is not about being a purist it's about being accurate. Instant, micro medium are all types of kava mediums. Kavalactone extract is another animal and while it has the same active constituents, it is not the same thing.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

There is a little research that would suggest that there is a fraction of the kava plant that's not being carried over in solvent extractions. This bit could be what makes up the difference of what we perceive between aqueous extractions (traditional prep) and extracts. We're still not 100% sure, but it seems a general understanding that extracts, at least of kava, don't have every bit of the same punch and magic as the drink has. It's still 100% viable as a medicinal supplement, but the recreational aspect seem to be somewhat lost.

Nothing's written in stone here, and it could be that we've only had crap extracts to compare to, but I have to say that when I did purchase extracts they were bright and heady, but lacked that powerfully deep sedative drive that some kavas give.

Marty-G

Kava Curious
There is a little research that would suggest that there is a fraction of the kava plant that's not being carried over in solvent extractions. This bit could be what makes up the difference of what we perceive between aqueous extractions (traditional prep) and extracts. We're still not 100% sure, but it seems a general understanding that extracts, at least of kava, don't have every bit of the same punch and magic as the drink has. It's still 100% viable as a medicinal supplement, but the recreational aspect seem to be somewhat lost.

Nothing's written in stone here, and it could be that we've only had crap extracts to compare to, but I have to say that when I did purchase extracts they were bright and heady, but lacked that powerfully deep sedative drive that some kavas give.
True, I guess I was making my comment based on this particular product, which happens to be a water extract.

My product says it should arrive on the 8th, so I'll give it a go & give an honest comparison.

If it's not what's expected but still offers some type of needed effect I can use it as an "chaser" when consuming traditionally prepared kava much in the same way kava bars will offer an instant to traditional prepared kavas

Marty-G

Kava Curious
I am just pointing out a distinction often missed between an extract and kava. It is not about being a purist it's about being accurate. Instant, micro medium are all types of kava mediums. Kavalactone extract is another animal and while it has the same active constituents, it is not the same thing.
The only thing I know about most extracts is that they use solvents & that pretty much negates most of the expected effects.
This product says it's strictly a water extract so that may (or may not) make a difference. Now it's just a matter of seeing if 1 tablet gives me what I need or if I have to take several tablets to get the desired effects.

I'll update this post once my product comes in

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If it's not what's expected but still offers some type of needed effect I can use it as an "chaser" when consuming traditionally prepared kava much in the same way kava bars will offer an instant to traditional prepared kavas
100%, in fact that's exactly how I would use the extract back in the day. I'd pre-load my normal shells about 30 minutes before with dabs of kava extract under the tongue. Do I noticed that much a difference these days without it? Not enough to miss it. Still very interested to hear how this treats you.

StevenF

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not saying extract's would harm me but I will never buy anything other than traditional kava and I will only have it the traditional way.
No pills, or liquids for me thanks.
For me quality and safety goes first.
All respect to the producers of extracts ... might be excellent ... but just not for me.

Marty-G

Kava Curious
I'm not saying extract's would harm me but I will never buy anything other than traditional kava and I will only have it the traditional way.
No pills, or liquids for me thanks.
For me quality and safety goes first.
All respect to the producers of extracts ... might be excellent ... but just not for me.
Totally understand however this is a water extract & not an alcohol or solvent based one.
I'll still use traditional as my go to but this is for those times when I just don't want to take the time to make a batch