What's new

Open seal from amazon

Kava Mang

Kava Curious
Ordered a bag of supreme off Amazon. It seems as if the top seal was already ripped when I received it. Nothing else looked fishy-all 8oz. Seem to be there, I believe this came straight from kavafied and not a 3rd party. I am still gonna drink it just wondering if anyone experienced this before or if @Kavafied reuses bags or something. Not sure if i should be worried if someone tampered with it.

Last edited:

Kimmer

Patently irritable
I've never experienced anything but stellar service from @Kavafied . Was the mailer intact? My very first kava order ever got stolen out of the mailer.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Yeah that looks like it's been opened. Maybe a curious Amazonian took a peek inside? I've never had opened bags when ordering directly from any vendor.

Warehouse pickers are a strange breed. I did it for a motorcycle manufacturer one summer as a kid. Learned that the most popular parts, by far, were side mirrors, turn signals, and body fairings. Guess everybody kept dumping their bikes. :)

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I've ordered many bags of Supreme this year and never had one that was opened. I've gotten bags from other vendors that came open in the mail but it looked more like failed seals, not torn open like that one. Have you had Supreme before? It usually has a fairly distinctive scent.

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
If it was me I would not even think twice as to return it mainly because you are consuming the product. Amazon has a great return policy especially for defective merchandise. Kavafied probably does too if Amazon doesn’t cover it. Great vendor!

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
If it was me I would not even think twice as to return it mainly because you are consuming the product. Amazon has a great return policy especially for defective merchandise. Kavafied probably does too if Amazon doesn’t cover it. Great vendor!
Couldn't agree more. There's a good chance you can painlessly return it through Amazon's return service. I would go to your recent orders tab and see if there's an option to file a return

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That’s a previously opened bag. No questions. Some wires were must have been crossed somewhere. Hebron is a main shipping center for amazon. Send that back to where you purchased it, and do not consume it.

Kava Mang

Kava Curious
I ended up drinking it, everything was A-ok with it.

Probably not the smartest thing but I have had supreme in the past and everything looked and smelled kosher so I went for it. Didn't want to go through the trouble of returning it. Definitely not Matt's fault. Probably some curious Amazon employee.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I ended up drinking it, everything was A-ok with it.

Probably not the smartest thing but I have had supreme in the past and everything looked and smelled kosher so I went for it. Didn't want to go through the trouble of returning it. Definitely not Matt's fault. Probably some curious Amazon employee.
Oh this one falls back on amazon, definitely. It makes me think that you somehow got a returned package from another customer that was marked as being able to be re-sold by accident.

Glad you're okay. If it was a return, it was probably someone who just had no idea that kava would taste like it does, and sent it back.

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not sure if the shipping package looked like it had been opened, but I had a similar issue with a different herb I had ordered where someone had clearly opened the package it was shipped in as well as the package containing the herbs. Actually had it happens a couple times with USPS. I'm starting to wonder if they're inspecting packages for contraband or something.

familyofrobot

Kava Curious
I doubt it was a return. Amazon usually doesn’t take back consumable products. Any time I’ve had a defective consumable from Amazon they’ve simply offered a refund and didn’t ask for me to send back the product. They can’t resell it. It makes no sense to spend money shipping it back. If I were you, I’d go click that return button on Amazon and go through the process. There’s a good chance they’ll just immediately refund you without asking for you to return the item. Worst comes to worst, you don’t have to finish processing the return. Just see what happens.

Just want to note here that this is not something I do regularly. I’ve only ever returned consumable products when there has been a legitimate problem with it. But I’m a big amazon shopper so I buy a lot from them and it has happened enough over the years to know what they tend to do. Sometimes these types of products are not returnable based on the return policy, but if it’s defective you can all and they’ll fix the issue. This was defective so I personally would call and see what they say.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
So I was shopping for a new popcorn popper. Amazon had a stainless steel hot air popper with good reviews. I clicked it and it asked if I wanted a free trial of new "Amazon Prime X" delivery: 30 minutes or less guaranteed.

Too good to be true, but free trial, right? Hit purchase. Half an hour goes by... nothing. "Oh well, it's still free shipping even if it gets here in a few days" I thought. But then I heard a sound at the door...

knock knock, open up the door, it's real
with the non stop pop-pop and stainless steel
X gon' deliver to ya

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Had a bag of GHK that was punctured once. Clear hole through the outer package and into my precious Mahakea....after careful review looked fine, smelled fine, no sign of contamination. I said no way in hell am I waiting for another bag. Down the hatch. Probably not the safest decision but when you need your kava...