What's new

OTC anti emetic for kava nausea?

kavasam

Kava Curious
My stomach has decided it has issues with Borongoru micro (KWK). I really, really don't want to give it up nor do I want to run to the john. I've had similar issues with a few other varieties just not every one. (I'm into the micros now and have temporarily sidelined medium grind) Ginger works a little but not at the level I need it to. Has anyone tried an OTC anti emetic for this problem? If so, which one seemed to work.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Over the counter antiemetics or antinausea are typically calcium carbonate (Tums), or diphenhydramine.

Diphenhydramine is sedating and puts you at risk of falling asleep with a stove on, carrying side effects of its own. Calcium carbonate may be fine however if ginger and water are not satisfying you, having evaluated your kava servings making sure they are not too large, you can try eating whatever soothes your stomach and avoiding your last sip (likely more effective with traditional prep vs. micronized).

I have American Health Papaya Enzymes with chlorophyll from alfalfa. It works wonders with severe nausea, so I keep buying it. I don't use it for kava, but you certainly may. I'm not sure if you need the chlorophyll. Papaya helps digestion and is from nature. Give it a try before you eat anything made by humans!

RevRad

Kava Curious
That will happen with micronized. Use a strainer and normal medium grind if you want it to go away.