What's new

Micronized Kava Review Pana'ewa

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Got sidetracked on this review and lost what I typed before, anyway i'll keep it short then.

This is a good kava, I gave it 3 shells based on the specific set/setting of this one. The 1.5 teaspoons did a good job of giving me some head effects and turning down the volume knob on stress/anxiety level but I feel like this kava isn't necessarily a good daytime on-the-go kava. I'd definitely do day kava with this one but in a more relaxed setting. Like napping on the beach (which I will be doing in a few weeks :cool:). I think I would give this more shells rating if I find the right time/place for this one.

Fairly pooped this afternoon now, sleepy and feeling kinda lazy. I won't necessarily attribute this all to the kava but recently when I've had this kind i do eventually get a little sedated or sleepy. Probably just my life lately, a lot going on...I'm taking a nap after work today :sleep:

I think I've only scratched the surface of this kava. Seems like the experience can go much deeper I just haven't had a good multi-shell session with this one yet. interested to read what others have to say about this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

blindy107

Kava Lover
Thanks Tidy. I thoroughly enjoyed my multi shell adventure with this root. I will be trying again tonight to see if i can reproduce the muscle numbing!

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
Pana'ewa sounds lovely Tidy'minion :joyful:, but what's really coming across to me with these micronized kavas is the amount you use. Not only do you use less, leading to less digestive disturbance but the affects come through clear and on top of it all it can be made into w/e tasty concoction floats your boat....what more can you ask for? :woot::D
I'm getting more anxious to try this OmpaMau micro currently in transit with every new micro review I read. :nailbiting::hungry:

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Pana'ewa sounds lovely Tidy'minion :joyful:, but what's really coming across to me with these micronized kavas is the amount you use. Not only do you use less, leading to less digestive disturbance but the affects come through clear and on top of it all it can be made into w/e tasty concoction floats your boat....what more can you ask for? :woot::D
I'm getting more anxious to try this OmpaMau micro currently in transit with every new micro review I read. :nailbiting::hungry:
I ordered the med grind powder yesterday myself - have to watch the wallet lately. Yeh, mircronized really fits into the American lifestyle of want it right now and without any effort :bigmoney: j/k though I do not mind at all straining root and prefer to do that when making a big batch of kava but for full schedule days or just needing a quick boost on the run this stuff is great. I'm about to dip into a premade/shaken bottle of Boroguru micro and O.J. Big day today gotta keep myself balanced...

D

Deleted User01

One thing I want to stress with Micronized. It may be a little wasteful to make the micronized syrup so make sure you do a second wash. I still do micronized straight out of the bag and I use the syrup when I'm in a hurry or for a quick nitecap. So I don't have to bring out the bag, measure the amount, stir it good, and add some mixer. The syrup is just real convenient. And it travels well too.
Yeah Monkava'd, I waiting for OmpaMau too after the review Chris gave us.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Yeah i am totally hooked on micros for now. just cause i'm working 11 hour days. Would rather play with my kiddo than stand around in my undies kneading grog.

But i still enjoy it on weekends!

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
I know what you mean Tidyminion, I do love the relaxation that the repetitive motion of kneading kava brings about; but it'll be nice to test the water as far as recipes are concerned with this micro kava on the way :joyful:. This's something I've struggled to accomplish with grog and so I've always just chugged it straight as it is.;)