What's new

Powdered Kava Review Papa Kea - Medium Grind

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
I kneaded up 75 scaled grams of some papa kea from Chris’s most recent batch. Using around 850 ml of water this was one of the more potent brews i’ve consumed. It was also my first time using hot water. In the past I had only used cold or warm water. Right out of the gate I was met with the thicket grog id ever felt. I had heard hot water changed the texture but had to see for myself. I found the kava to feel jello like in the strainer and took a bit more time to strain given the 140 degree temp. My first shell was definitely thick with mild notes at first and a fiery peppery finish. Within 3 or so minutes My muscles relaxed greatly. I felt my eyes almost go crossed. It was the first time a first shell sent me on a one way ticket to krunk town in such a timely fashion. There was a very slight headiness euphoria during that first shell that faded in a half hr or so but the muscle relaxation properties stayed prominent throughout. The second shell and on i was in a sedative state. I felt heavy and couch locked in no mood to use my phone or watch tv. Its definitely a Kava that throws a haymaker At you especially if u dose highly. After several hours i drifted off to bed. I found my anxiety to be noticeably reduced the following day (even more so than during the actual session)A hangover by no means but probably the most effective following morning mellowness ive experienced. I’d say this kava is great for an almost overwhelming feeling of relaxation . Not exactly in my book a every day kava or for creativeness. What makes this one special is the pain relief, potency, and the fast onset. It was a session ill never forget. One of those that reminds you why you first fell in love with kava.

Last edited:

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
The first time I tried Papa Kea a couple of years ago, it was just about perfect for easing muscle tension and chronic diagnosed anxiety without making me sleepy. Ordered some the other day - got a whole pound of it - and wow I was just totally out of it - sleepy, lethargic, totally off my game when I was watching the grandkiddies! Maybe its because my anxiety has calmed down (even though muscle tension hasn't due to long hours slaving over sewing machine!). So I'd say this kava is great for anxiety if you're not having an easy time. But definitely a "sleepy time" kava if you're feeling almost normal!