What's new

Powdered Kava Review Papa Kea - Medium Grind

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I love Mahakea, it's one of the few GHK kavas I managed to get hold of before I figured out how to get it delivered to me direct. Papa Kea is very much a heavier version of Mahakea. Mahakea is a nicely balanced kava with some slight heavy effects but with noticeable heady effects including some euphoria. Papa Kea is very similar in effects except for the addition of a lot more body effects. It's a light coloured and fine grind powder which makes quite a light drink. The taste is very smooth without a great deal of harshness. Effects come on strong and fast and last well throughout the session. Definitely a kava I will be buying again.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah I want to try this after you saying something. I'm really trying to decide between this, hanakapi'ai, wow, or stone because I am just going to order a pound of two of them and not sure what to do. When you say like mahakea does it give that kavaian rush? Because I'm trying to avoid that. I honestly believe I'm just better off mixing. Had some of my half BHK boroguru/melomelo mix and I news so beautiful one shell and I was krunked to the bones.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Yeah I want to try this after you saying something. I'm really trying to decide between this, hanakapi'ai, wow, or stone because I am just going to order a pound of two of them and not sure what to do. When you say like mahakea does it give that kavaian rush? Because I'm trying to avoid that. I honestly believe I'm just better off mixing. Had some of my half BHK boroguru/melomelo mix and I news so beautiful one shell and I was krunked to the bones.
Hanakapi Ai is a lot stronger. Papa Kea is strong but 6 tbsps. didn't incapacitate me. Wow didn't do much for me but I need to try it again. I have heard stone is strong and heavy but I'm yet to try it yet. You do get a mild rush of euphoria but nowhere near as much as a lot of more heady only kavas. I think the heavy side of it would balance it out for you. It's not as euphoric as Mahakea which in turn is not as euphoric as borogu which I find can give a really good euphoria. It's odd to feel even a little euphoria at the same time as the body effects are kicking in but it's very pleasant.

Palmetto

Thank God!
I believe that Papa Kea definitely feels stronger to me. Papa Kea has a ton of kavain, as evidenced from the major mouth buzz that rushes immediately, but Hanakapi Ai has more of an overall heady feel to it. Papa Kea made it hard to fall asleep, and I just felt like laying on the couch for a couple hours, but I wasn't couch locked, like I would like to be. I think Papa Kea would be good for mixing with something else for more complexity.