What's new

Instant Kava Review Papa Kea

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I've got a few reviews comin' up, but I thought I'd start with the clear winner of the bunch. Papa Kea.
This was my 1st experience with instant kava and found it very pleasant. Quite similar to micronized, but cleaner feeling and easier on my stomach, which usually results in a more enjoyable experience. The flavor was also fairly clean, mild and watery, with one little sharp note of Hawaiian earth and pepper.
The real indicator that this was a truly great 'awa for me though, was how quickly and easily it was to obtain full, noticeable effects. Soon after only taking my 1st few chugs, I could feel an all-around body and mind calmness / happy contentment, to a degree that would normally only be achieved later in my session with many other kavas. (if at all) As I proceeded to drink, it only got better. I started feeling so loose, that my head started getting a bit wobbly and I began noticing that mild tingle all over my skin, that only a few kavas have ever done to me.
I'd say it's a very well balanced 'awa. It has a heady aspect that puts a special magical sheen on how I see things and gives me an uplifted mental state, but it's neither an energetic state nor an overly groggy state. Just perfectly calm, comfortable and balanced. At the same time, it loosens my body like a massage, but doesn't drag me into sleep. I love it.
Right now, I place it at #2 next to Mahakea, which I'm sure many of you have already seen me rave about. Papa Kea's effectiveness on me got me interested enough to do a little reading up on it, and I found info that was somewhat interesting to me: Of all the Hawaiian 'awas, there are only 2 plants that differ genetically from the rest of them.
Those 2 plants happen to be Papa Kea & Mahakea, my two favorites. ::kavaleaf:: :love: ::kavaleaf::

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Nice review Makas, I Mean Shakas!:ROFLMAO: I love Papa Kea from GHK on Sunday afternoon when my Weekend Warrior Muscles are aching. I hate to say it, but both Instant and Micronized make me too lazy to prepare tradicional Grog. I highly recommend that all Newbies check out Instant along their journey to powder.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@shakas that was an awesome review thanks!!! (y)

Are you positive that you are not The Kavasseur Incognito?? ::confused2:::shifty:

The one thing I really enjoy about your reviews is the little tidbits you throw in there about the cultivars. Like a little baby botany/history lesson. :)

Jade

Love. Like. Crazy.
Papa Kea thus far is my favorite. I do have many more to try but as of right now it is my favorite. It gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling that spread out into a glow of pure contentment.It lasted for quite a while. I,also,noticed that I was able to fully concentrate on what I was doing.I was sewing of all things.I hardly ever sew.But I was sewing and completely enjoying it.Some kavas I couldn't do something that tedious while under their effects.But not this one.It makes all things more enjoyable imho.I tried the medium grind.Can't wait until it is available again so I can buy some more.:D:joyful:::kavaleaf::(y):happy::hungry:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling that spread out into a glow of pure contentment.It lasted for quite a while. I,also,noticed that I was able to fully concentrate on what I was doing.
Yes! That is the perfect summary of what I so quickly felt and loved about this one. (y)::kavaleaf::