What's new

Instant Kava Review Papa'Ele'Ele

D

Deleted User01

He’s a daytripper, one way ticket yeah .. Oh, are we on camera now? Hi, this is Deleted User01, your local daytime Kava drinker and I’m here to talk about a new product. Yes, it’s Papa Ele Ele Instant Kava from Gourmet Hawaiian Kava, one of the favorites in Hawaii and now one of my favorites. But what is astounding is that this instant kava is also very potent. Part of the new batch that has more lateral root. So I did my usual 2 Tablespoons in a glass with ginger ale. After two sips the ringing in my ears started. Those lovely bells always herald the onset of a good heady kava. When I reviewed the Boroguru the other day, I was going Whoaaaaa as I struggled to keep my balance. Today I’m singing, Hi Ho, Hi Ho it’s off to work I go. Now I feel back in my element. I can see that this Kava is also darker than most Hawaiians. However, the taste is negligible. The Papa Ele Ele Instant Kava is way more potent than any Instant Kavas that I have previous experienced. It makes me wonder what the Micronized might be like. There is a little calming sedation but mostly there is a nice heady buzz that makes me feel good and encourages me to get to work and quit posting so much on the Kava Forums. :D Ok, it’s been an hour and the effects have not peaked yet ... surprising but nice. I feel like my eyes have widened yet they are not straining. I have a theory that Hawaiian Kavas were designed for Americans on the go. No time for the couch, got stuff to do. There is a little numbest in the back of the throat which all the “new” GHK kavas seem to be offering. I wonder if more lateral root translates into more numbest and perhaps a darker color?? Just a theory. When I hear Newbies ask, “What Kava should I try”. I always want to say, “Try a good instant Kava in some fruit juice and see what you think.” This is one I would recommend. I also stopped at 2 tablespoons, didn't need anymore. I may do a nitecap later.

This review was sponsored by the Acetonic Test Thread and the good folks at “Noble Kava Drinkers of America”. Until next time, Happy Holidays to All and to all a Good Night!

R

Rookietwoshoes

So was the honokane headier and more energizing or are they about the same?

D

Deleted User01

I feel like they are are about the same. I have only done 1 session with each so it is too early to tell. I just wasn't expecting the instant to be that potent. Let me also say that I have had 3 potent kavas on 3 consecutive days and they may be building up on me. I only had 2 tabs of the instant and then I was done. I may do a tab of Nene at 8pm tonite. I just ate supper and I still feel the effects of the Papa Ele Ele. I think the bottom line is that the new Kavas from GHK are more potent than the last batches. Also as a disclaimer, I am a Kava liteweight. Than means @shakas may do 6 Tablespoons where I may do 3 or 4 and get the same effect. I like that. It's cheaper and less trouble to boot. :D

Ceraton

Heavy Kava Drinker
Papa Ele Ele felt fairly balanced for me. For every drink I could feel the numbness overcome me and my mind slowly relax. It was until the third drink that I became a couch potato.

Right now, I'm going to try out some Micronized Nene.

Cheers ::happyshell::

R

Rookietwoshoes

I thought with instants the typical dose was a few teaspoons ... Is the correct measurement 2 tablespoons then?

D

Deleted User01

I thought with instants the typical dose was a few teaspoons ... Is the correct measurement 2 tablespoons then?
Rookiettwoshoes, I felt that 2 tablespoons might have been too much and the effects were a little bit over the top. Next time I will do 1 tablespoon but I'm also doing 6-8 oz of water. I like Henry's idea of a digital scale. You can experiment with the dose and get it just right. In the long run, you save kava and money. @Henry, what brand of scale did you get?

I'm would add that I have done 3 new and very potent Kavas from GHK on 3 consecutive days and I think I have to rethink my dosage on all of them because of the potency. Daytime drinkers do not drink Kava to get Krunk, we just want a little mental pick-me-up during the day and good nights sleep. Or at least that is what this daytime drinker wants.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Rookiettwoshoes, I felt that 2 tablespoons might have been too much and the effects were a little bit over the top. Next time I will do 1 tablespoon but I'm also doing 6-8 oz of water. I like Henry's idea of a digital scale. You can experiment with the dose and get it just right. In the long run, you save kava and money. @Henry, what brand of scale did you get?

I'm would add that I have done 3 new and very potent Kavas from GHK on 3 consecutive days and I think I have to rethink my dosage on all of them because of the potency. Daytime drinkers do not drink Kava to get Krunk, we just want a little mental pick-me-up during the day and good nights sleep. Or at least that is what this daytime drinker wants.
I bought this one: http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catalog/product/Harrison-&-Lane-Kitchen-Scale-Glass-Platform?SKU=1664727 for just $10 (there was some sort of promotion, I can now see it normally costs 20 New Zealand dollars, which is roughly 15 USD).

Seriously, it's a game changer. No more guesswork. I now know exactly how much powder to use, which is really helpful, especially when I need to have the right amount of powder for 15 or more people!

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Using spoons and cups may be good for medium grind, but it's wasteful when it comes to micronized and instant kava.

R

Rookietwoshoes

Cool. Can either of you be kind enough to explain the correct conversion rate in grams if using micro or instant ?

D

Deleted User01

The easy answer would be to experiment and find out for yourself. I sure as heck ain't going to use the Godzillian Amounts of Kava that Kapm uses. :LOL: You may think my amounts are Leprechuanian in contrast. Every Kava is going to have a different Tablespoon to Grams ratio depending on how fine the grind and how much cement has been added. (Just kidding about the cement). I can't wait to get the digital scale and start experimenting with Micronized and Instant. It really is like a little science project ... a fun one. :D

D

Deleted User01

I just got back from Walmart and I have my new digital Scale. It only cost be 15 bucks and this little baby is going to save me thousands!::awesomesmiles::

R

Rookietwoshoes

I just got back from Walmart and I have my new digital Scale. It only cost be 15 bucks and this little baby is going to save me thousands!::awesomesmiles::
I guess the magic number with instant is 5-6 grams per cup . How bout you, Deleted User01?

D

Deleted User01

I have no idea .... yet. I just got myself a brand new handy dandy digital scale and I need time to play with it. I did 2 tablespoons of instant in one drink the other day and it may have been too much. I'm going to do some testing in an attempt to answer the age old question, "How much kava can I take during the day so I can ease my anxiety but not fall asleep at work". That means I will have to dose myself in the morning and the afternoon with just the right amount. So give me some time and I will keep you posted.

D

Deleted User01

Ok, the scale from Walmart sucks. I can't get it to read small amounts. I'm going ahead with the experiment anyway. Less that a teaspoon of Papa Ele Ele Instant in a dixie cup with water. Let's see how that works during the morning. No need to thank me, I do this for you guys. Bottoms Up! :D

D

Deleted User01

Dudette, that is the one that I have bookmarked. I'm glad to see someone else has used it because I don't want to get burned again. I will check on the seller as you stated.

I just ordered 2 keyboards from Ebay and both of them were totally not functional. I begged the eggheads ... I mean sellers to test them before sending them. They are older models that would replace my broken one. It is just beyond belief that someone would sell a keyboard with a space bar that is totally broken. Or a "new" keyboard where every key you press displays 3 letters. This little venture is going to cost me 30-40 bucks in freight and has soured me on Ebay forever. You know how much Kava you can buy with that money? Bummer.

Once the transactions and refunds are completed, I'm going to give Ebay a piece of my mind. Anyone else had any bad experiences on eBay?

D

Deleted User01

Ok, I got the Digital Scale on order. Thanks Violet!

So back to my experiment. I felt pretty good this morning after a small amount of papa ele ele instant. But I came to the conclusion that it is hard to appreciate Kava that early in the morning unless you actually have anxiety. I have been hitting the kava pretty good and I'm having a nice residual effect the next day where I feel calm, mellow, and content. So I will have to wait till I'm having a bad day to continue with the experiment. I also want to try out a few other Kavas to see which ones would be best. Again, I am trying to answer the question, "What Kava can I take in the morning and how much. This is presuming that anxiety is the problem."