What's new

Pepto Bismol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImDirtyDan

Kava Curious
I don't know about you, but almost immediately after ingesting kava, I start to feel nausea and stomach issues that cannot be defined as pleasurable.

Does taking Pepto Bismol right after downing kava negatively affect the absorption of kavalactones? Because I really would like to be able to take something to stave off the unpleasant sensations.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I don't know about you, but almost immediately after ingesting kava, I start to feel nausea and stomach issues that cannot be defined as pleasurable.

Does taking Pepto Bismol right after downing kava negatively affect the absorption of kavalactones? Because I really would like to be able to take something to stave off the unpleasant sensations.
I don't know about the pepto, but the taste gets easier with time, I actually enjoy it. I would have never thought I'd say that, when I started drinking kava.

ImDirtyDan

Kava Curious
It's not the taste that bothers me, when it's ice cold I can't taste anything (but I can certainly 'smell' it whenever I breathe through my nose too soon ... anyone know why that happens?). It's the GI problems. By having to sit and wait for them to solve themselves, I feel I'm missing out on some of the pleasures of kava. Taking a walk on the stuff is excellent.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Resist the urge to smell it on the way down, like when you drink nasty tasting medicine, shoot it down without thinking too much about it.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@ImDirtyDan try a finer strainer. With less sediment you will lose some of the effects but avoid a lot of the GI issues. I use more root and strain better which may cost me more money in the long run but it improves the experience for me. I'm at the point where I've got my dosage sorted out and with my straining routine I very rarely get bad nausea these days. When I was drinking with more sediment I was getting a lot more nausea and a lot more dermo.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I've just the last 2 weeks started doing what Edward describes after 16-17 years of using a stocking & trad prep. I started getting dermo around my eyes really bad, and really sore sensitive watery eyes just the last 6 months but since swapping my stocking for a finer, stronger nut milk bag I'm great. No problems. I do have to use more to get the same effects, but it's way better than being shrivelled up and presenting myself at work looking red-eyed, papery faced, and half blinded by the sunlight.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I've just the last 2 weeks started doing what Edward describes after 16-17 years of using a stocking & trad prep. I started getting dermo around my eyes really bad, and really sore sensitive watery eyes just the last 6 months but since swapping my stocking for a finer, stronger nut milk bag I'm great. No problems. I do have to use more to get the same effects, but it's way better than being shrivelled up and presenting myself at work looking red-eyed, papery faced, and half blinded by the sunlight.
Do you ingest coconut oil too? That helps a lot.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Hint it's related to hops ! ;)
And does work great for kava neausa.

I believe dandelion root and or burdock root whichever you prefer will alleviate the symptoms of dermo.
They get the liver moving and are known to clear up skin conditions because of this.
when I drink even roasted dandelion root as I just have. my skin is a softer cushiony feeling and I can feel my body start to move around and help clear the muck.

Status
Not open for further replies.