What's new

Philippines Relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hello everyone. The people of the Philippines are in a rough spot. 11 days ago they were hit with a typhoon that has destroyed much of the country and has affected almost everyone there. As of now there are 3,796 confirmed deaths, 1,598 missing, 18,175 injured, and an astonishing 1.9 million people are homeless. I had the pleasure to spend some time in the Philippines earlier this year. It is a beautiful country with a warm and welcoming populous. The people often don't have much relative to western standards, but they are selfless with what they do have and are some of the most genuinely kind people I've met.

Today Bula Kava House will give 20% of all sales online and in the kava bar to the Red Cross for Philippines relief. I know a lot of you really like our products so if you were thinking about ordering soon, today is the day. It's a good chance to get something you'll enjoy, and help some people who really need it.

Tomorrow I'll post how much we'll be contributing. Thank you for your business, and for the help. :)

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Good work brother! Being of service to those in need is essential to living a fulfilling life. Really pleased to see that you are helping with this cause.

earth mother

Love and Light
Man I wish I would have seen this yesterday, just placed a nice order tonight----maybe it could still be included??? Love and Light Dear One <3

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
Sorry I missed this too. Have an in-law connection to Philippines and would have been glad to contribute.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Just sent $132.50 to the Red Cross for typhoon relief. It was actually an unusually slow day of sales which is unfortunate but every little bit helps. Thanks to those that ordered to get us there. For those of you that didn't, if you've got some extra money burning a hole in your pocket, some Filipinos could surely use it. Donate here.

Status
Not open for further replies.