What's new

Pineapple Juice

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I just thought i'd say, adding pineapple juice to my grog really really helps with the taste. I've been using Kava on and off for a few years now, but only got into it properly recently. I just thought this advice might help some of you new guys if you aren't enjoying the taste too much.

Enjoy!

Edit - I just noticed I joined the forum in 2014, so I guess I've been using it on and off for more than a few years now. Didn't realise it had been that long!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I just noticed I joined the forum in 2014, so I guess I've been using it on and off for more than a few years now. Didn't realise it had been that long!
Old timer! ;) Kavaforums has some age now. Last year was 10 years we've been a forum. Thanks for sticking with us!

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I sometimes make 'awa with fresh coconut water...others like flavors.
My late friend, Jerry, was fond of this POG recipe, right side.
Can do with dried.
I have tried all kinds of recipes, most have just made it worse, but damn if that doesn't sound good....I think I just might have to try again. Mango juice as a mixer was probably the best fruit cover up that I ever found.

KavaBobo

Kava Curious
I always throw in a thumb sized pressed frozen ginger chunk and just water with a touch of either olive oil or avocado oil when I get burned out on coconut oil(makes the consistency thick and takes longer to get it down the gullet. Also put a few drops of orange essential oil….really mellows it out for me. When I’m chuggin, I just picture peppers and orange and my mind syncs up with it. Still keep the bottle of isopropyl alcohol close though.

Osadandaula UK

Kava Enthusiast
I need to try pineapple juice.

I prepared with about 1 part milk to 2 parts water, I started because I’d read it helps with extraction and potentiation but found it actually tastes a bit better too.