What's new

Possible Kava allergy?

Stephanie12

Herbalist
This week I drank Pouni ono in aluball, 1 tbsp per day on 3 seperate days. Today I woke up after having drunk it last yesterday 11 a.m. with bumps on the back of my neck. My question is whether the two things could be connected?
IMG_20230113_141751618.jpg
I know most users on here will consider that too small of an amount to do anything. But if it were an allergy, they aren't really dose dependent.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This week I drank Pouni ono in aluball, 1 tbsp per day on 3 seperate days. Today I woke up after having drunk it last yesterday 11 a.m. with bumps on the back of my neck. My question is whether the two things could be connected? View attachment 12871 I know most users on here will consider that too small of an amount to do anything. But if it were an allergy, they aren't really dose dependent.
Generally a dermatologic skin reaction to kava of the alergic type will include hives on the face and neck, swelling, and skin reddening.

It will generally look something like this user that reported a dermatologic allergy type skin reaction from kava.

1673619336793.png

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Could be as I don’t know much about hives but it looks like standard skin irritation to me. If it’s not super itchy I would assume it was basically nothing. Or a bug bite

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
I had this happen years ago only with kavavieds lapita.. no other kava caused it. Looked like bug bites but was allergy