What's new

Post your kava pictures.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just a quick FYI, Isopropyl alcohol will quickly clean up any resins still clinging to prep materials like spoons, pans or bowls.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast

my depleted supply. running low on n@h. wife said i have to go through this stock before ordering more

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
mos3z said:

my depleted supply. running low on n@h. wife said i have to go through this stock before ordering more

Nice! I still have some whole roots left too. I'm still not sure what to do with them. I've vacuumed them in water and it can fully hydrate them in an hour or so. I was thinking about making truly authentic island style kava with it. Just mash whole roots.

Metacog: it's quite a bit smaller now although my stone supply has tripled ever since the shortage scare. Lost sleep over that one.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
yeah that would be cool to try and make kava from the roots, but probably once they are dried it will just taste like dried root. they seem pretty potent though, numbed the crap out of my mouth, i was too scared to swallow the juice without straining it first though so not sure the full effects.

nice big bowl krunked. personally im so used to slamming a concentrated dose of kava i cant imagine drinking several cups

kl.sakamoto

Kava Curious
Back when I was just lurking on this forum, I really enjoyed seeing other people's kava pics.  So anyway, here's my supply as of last week.

We begin with the candies... yum.  The tin in front is an almost-empty Fire Island instant (since doubly replenished), it's my go-to daytime drink.  Behind it are a couple of pill bottles I picked up at Whole Foods when I was out of town and ran out of instant.  The blue bottle is Paradise Kava extract - last year's batch, bought on sale, I'd recently finished a bottle of this year's.  The Nak@Home bags in front are "strong" types I don't drink very often: Wow! and Stone.  The Solomon's is unopened, I'm saving it for a special occasion.  White Sand is one of my favorite evening drinks.  I had just finished the Black Sand and Boroguru, so they are upside-down in the universally-recognized distress signal: "get more soon."

D

Deleted User01

Thanks for sharing your pictures Sakamoto, my mouth is watering.  Now if we could only get you to review the different effects of candy vs extract vs pills.  And Stone vs SI vs Boroguru ....  Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

Chiefs nakamal serving

Haircut at the nakamal waiting for kava to arrive

Big fela mixing at Chiefs

Straining kava at Chiefs

Just a fela mixing in his back yard..he invited me in for a few shells as fresh as it can get.

Me & other men waiting for the kava to arrive at the old BP Wharf nakamal...its gone now.

Mincing

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
And checkmate. That's just awesome. You just posted ALL the kava. Can't get any further than that.