What's new

Powdered Kava Review Pouni Ono

tonyd

Kava Curious
We are still on the close replacement. Not as Heady initially but building and not as tiring towards the end. They are both from Vava'u and actually cousins that have farms on different locations on the island. One happened to be able to step in while the other got their shipping issues taken care of. This is a great kava but the original is still my favorite it is supposedly arriving this month. Island time arrrggghhh.
Although this was not quite the same as the original Pouni Ono it is still a really good quality kava. As stated above less heady than the original but a nice all around kava. The original is my favorite but I would also purchase this again.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Although this was not quite the same as the original Pouni Ono it is still a really good quality kava. As stated above less heady than the original but a nice all around kava. The original is my favorite but I would also purchase this again.
One Tongan to rule them all....

I enjoyed the new one as well but hard to replace the Pouni. I feel the newish borogu has been pretty close to the Pouni in my experience. Not nearly as potent but similar in effect. Of course that's always subjective.

Thanks for the review!

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks....I guess some of the posts above said the replacement was less heady or the headiness comes on slower?? Either way looking forward to checking it out later today.

PsyGuru

Kava Enthusiast
Enjoyed it. It was my first Tongan. Headiness was gentle, smooth with clear euphoria. Could see how this is social kava. Being new to kava, can say GHK's Moi's headiness was more intense.

Looking forward to trying the original. I am expecting something more balanced with the original.

This one maybe a keeper. Kalm could market it with another name...Pouni Fitu (I think Ono means 6 in Tongan...Fitu is 7).

Last edited: