What's new

Proposal for a Regional Kava Standard Tabled at 40th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector

verticity

I'm interested in things
This is really a key issue...maybe the most important for kava in modern times. We have been working with the US Codex Office, to include Hawai'i, back and forth and have great hopes. "Tabled this week" (at first) reads like they are putting it aside but actually they will consider it and very much so! Thank you for bringing it to attention of others.
Yup, that threw me off too. It's the British sense ("put on the table"), not the American sense ("take off the table") of the word:
table.png

I was similarly confused about an earlier news item about the new Vanuatu kava act being "gazetted" (meaning publish and announce officially...)

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Yup, that threw me off too. It's the British sense ("put on the table"), not the American sense ("take off the table") of the word:
View attachment 8096

I was similarly confused about an earlier news item about the new Vanuatu kava act being "gazetted" (meaning publish and announce officially...)
Language and communication are remarkable. The Kava Forums are remarkable, in part, for their diverse, intelligent, contributors.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Glad to see medicinal kava listed alongside noble in the codex. I've seen some instances where it's listed as banned, like it's (unenforced) export from Vanuatu. For all the hubbub about tudei and the occasional spat over whether or not it's a getting a fair shake. Banning 'medicinal' varieties is unquestionably unfair, as their FK-B levels are nearly identical to noble, they just happen to have more DHM than a typical noble kava.

Last edited: