What's new

QUALITY KAVA

amani

Kava Curious
Hi all,
I am totally new to brewing kava root. I have used the extracts but not been satisfied with those. I'm learning. I have been getting the Fijan Waka Kava from Amazon. It seems to do the trick but I haven't a clue as to what real quality is. Could someone please enlighten me?
Thank you

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi all,
I am totally new to brewing kava root. I have used the extracts but not been satisfied with those. I'm learning. I have been getting the Fijan Waka Kava from Amazon. It seems to do the trick but I haven't a clue as to what real quality is. Could someone please enlighten me?
Thank you
Howdy, welcome to the forums! :)

You could visit vendors such as Kalm With Kava or Fiji Vanua and try some their varieties. Amazon is extremely convenient for us lazy kava drinkers (self included ;)) Also if you scroll down the main page, you will see all the vendors we recommend and support!

We also meet regularly on Zoom Wednesdays and Saturdays, details on the main page.

BourbonMac

I like herbs
FVK is unmatched IME to other medium grinds, but KWK's micronized is my personal fave. I still need to get back into medium grind though. I only had recently used up old bags and finished a bag of Lewena. I wanted it because it's heady but Vanuatu can also be heady and is just stronger. That one can get me pretty messed up

amani

Kava Curious
I just ordered from KWK some med grind. I better stick with the grind as I am prone to overdoing extracts and such. I had a big problem with K due to that. It all tasted like more. At this point I just want help with relaxing and not being so anxious all the time. I've taken clonazepam for well over 20 years. Went from 3mgs a day now to 1.5 but it is a tough one to leave. Just a small reduction causes problems for me. Of course, it doesn't do anything anymore. I'm kinda liking this kava if I can find the right spot and strain I think it may help. Thanks for the information guys and keep it coming. I appreciate your wisdom.

BourbonMac

I like herbs
Definitely taper while using the kava. I was able to get off diazepam much easier thanks to it, but it doesn't target GABA-A. I've heard it does but apparently not.