What's new

Question & New

CherryPie

Has anyone tried TruKava brand Kavaplex Oil? Would like to hear people's experience with it. I'm new to Kava (other than the supplement in capsule form sold on Amazon). How does it compare to other kava products like Kalm With Kava root powder that you make tea from? Thanks.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Has anyone tried TruKava brand Kavaplex Oil? Would like to hear people's experience with it. I'm new to Kava (other than the supplement in capsule form sold on Amazon). How does it compare to other kava products like Kalm With Kava root powder that you make tea from? Thanks.
Hello there. One of my local friends here in Nashville gave the shots and the extract a go, and did NOT find it very effective. It doesn't really compare to root powder at all. It may be good for people searching for anxiety relief and nothing more, but in terms of what we look for in kava, it's not there.

The root powder mixed with water and strained will be stronger and it will last much longer than extracts.

Cuzzie

Kava Enthusiast
When I first discovered kava, it was because of that product. I tried the oil and shots and didn’t feel anything close to how i feel with traditional prep. On some recent podcasts they said they’re coming out with a shelf stable drink, maybe that’ll have better effects and I’m sure I’ll try it.