What's new

Questions for experienced kavasseurs

SilatGuy

I am curious if its normal for 2tbsps to get me where i want to be ? Seems the best effects i can get are at the dose before i start getting too much nausea and dizziness that persists.

As it relates to the nausea issue... Is it possible to avoid it by eating before hand or will it make the kava not work well ?

I also noticed that everytime i eat after a session that it kicks in the kava something fierce even if i thought i was done. One time it gave me the spins and made my whole body feel numb like i ate 10 tbsp in one shot. Was not pleasant. So now i wait a few hours even after i think ive come down but im curious does eating something hot or fatty possibly activate the kava ?

I am also curious if anyone else gets an odd openness and emotional sensitivity in some sessions ? It feels almost psychedelic mind wise in terms of emotional aspects and introspection.

Do i also have to wait days after drinking kava if i want to have a beer ? I dont drink much maybe twice a month and only a couple beers.

Sorry for the dumb questions and best wishes to everyone. Hope everyone has a great night/morning/day

Last edited:

Szafirek

Kava Curious
I am curious if its normal for 2tbsps to get me where i want to be ? Seems the best effects i can get are at the dose before i start getting too much nausea and dizziness that persists.

As it relates to the nausea issue... Is it possible to avoid it by eating before hand or will it make the kava not work well ?

I also noticed that everytime i eat after a session that it kicks in the kava something fierce even if i thought i was done. One time it gave me the spins and made my whole body feel numb like i ate 10 tbsp in one shot. Was not pleasant. So now i wait a few hours even after i think ive come down but im curious does eating something hot or fatty possibly activate the kava ?

I am also curious if anyone else gets an odd openness and emotional sensitivity in some sessions ? It feels almost psychedelic mind wise in terms of emotional aspects and introspection.

Do i also have to wait days after drinking kava if i want to have a beer ? I dont drink much maybe twice a month and only a couple beers.

Sorry for the dumb questions and best wishes to everyone. Hope everyone has a great night/morning/day
Some need more kava and others less kava to achieve the desired results. I use 15-20g and that's enough for me.

Maybe a longer session will help you avoid nausea? I rarely feel nauseous during my long sessions. If nausea occurs, it is very light. Then I take a break and drink water, after a while it disappears. In my case, it doesn't matter if I've eaten before the session or not.

I am also feeling an increase in sensitivity with kava, only in its good aspects.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yes 2 tablespoons is plenty. Use what makes you feel best, you are actually quite lucky if 2 tbsp is enough for you, you'll save a lot of money in the long run.
Yes you can eat a little (once your body is fully accustomed to kavalactones, for best results).
Try not to eat more than a handful of nuts or a slice of cheese. Aim for something fatty instead of carbs. A boiled egg or whichever style you prefer, something light.
I also noticed that every time i eat after a session that it kicks in the kava something fierce even if i thought i was done. One time it gave me the spins and made my whole body feel numb like i ate 10 tbsp in one shot. Was not pleasant. So now i wait a few hours even after i think ive come down but im curious does eating something hot or fatty possibly activate the kava ?
To the same point above, eat a small meal before your session instead. Avoid too many carbs.
It can happen, different strains have different effect profiles. Avoid drinking too much in general and you can avoid most emotional pitfalls. Like anything in life, kava is best in moderation.
For your own sake, I would wait a full 24hrs, it really depends how fast your metabolism is, but 24 hours is a safe approach.
Drink plenty of water before, during and after (at least a glass in each instance) and you should be fine. If you experience the spins from drinking too much, too fast, find the nearest couch and go horizontal for a little bit, it passes. :)