What's new

Quick tip for all you insomniacs out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
As an insomniac I have tried a lot of things to help me sleep. So far, nothing has helped better than kava.
In terms of other tools than substances, I've tried hypnosis, meditation, sleeping therapy, sleep inducing podcasts, white noise etc., and nothing could make my anxiety-fueled brain shut.the.fuck.up.

BUT, there is one thing that helps tremendously, even without drinking kava. Binaural Beats - it's sound that'll help slow down your brainwaves and therefore it can actually make you pretty sedated. I listen to a youtube video, which you can see in the bottom here, EVERY evening before bed with headphones. And this sound stays with me the whole night, and it is said to create lucid dreams and to induce sexual-stimulation while sleeping:happy: While reading something that won't provoke anxiety before bed, like a boring book, I fall asleep pretty damn fast with this sound.

^That's how it works without kava. When you have a nice and sedated kava-buzz at the same time, things get REAL dreamy and sedated with this sound. For some reason, and this happens to me every time I drink kava and listen to this, I can just feel my brain being ready to completely shutdown immediately. I sleep in like 0.000023 seconds after going to bed.

EDIT: Please keep ind mind, that headphones are a complete MUST with binaural beats!

Anyways, try it folks, I think you'll like it.
Any other tips to induce quality sleep? ;)

And here is my favourite sleep-inducing-video:

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@nhoeg has stated, but I just wanted to underline the importance of headphones. Binaural beats require left and right isolation so you definitely have to use the headphones. Oh, and it most certainly works. Works awesomely.

starscolliding

Kava Curious
BW Studio is a good iphone/ipad app for this. Brainwave Studio that is, but it says BW Studio as well.

Do we know what the best Kava strain is for insomniacs? Some are actually mentally energizing, so wouldn't be right for that. I have a few friends that could use a sleep aid, but it has to be the right strain.

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
BW Studio is a good iphone/ipad app for this. Brainwave Studio that is, but it says BW Studio as well.

Do we know what the best Kava strain is for insomniacs? Some are actually mentally energizing, so wouldn't be right for that. I have a few friends that could use a sleep aid, but it has to be the right strain.
Everyone will say GHK Nene. It is actually the reason why I am not ordering it again as it is better than my melatonin, something that I am already happy with. My melatonin has no morning effects.

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
Yes headphones are a complete MUST with binaural beats - and I find, that it makes me more sedated and sleepy if I turn up the volume pretty good.
I also think the best kava for sleep is Nene. Mahakea makes me really, really sedated aswell.
Please post your experiences with your 'mix' of kava and binaural beats ;)

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
As an insomniac I have tried a lot of things to help me sleep. So far, nothing has helped better than kava.

EDIT: Please keep ind mind, that headphones are a complete MUST with binaural beats!

Anyways, try it folks, I think you'll like it.
I love how the beginning of that sound but I found the description in the video to be better. Very cool that it works for you because as per usual, whatever does the just is good for most people. However, the description breaks down the video into different HZ levels. I am more interested in what 2.5hz has to offer, which doesn't show up 2:15 and only lasts fifteen minutes. I checked this out before but your post reminded me of it. I used to experiment with lucid dreaming but couldn't figure it out so I aborted the mission. Now I need to dig through my junk drawers for a pair of earbuds that will work for me because I am a side sleeper.

ElDudarino

Kava Curious
I've been using binaural beats for years for various purposes. What works even better though are isochronic beats. They don't require headphones and research says they produce stronger brain entrainment. You can downloada ton for free from here http://www.iso-tones.com/ . Since no headphones are needed I can sleep with some of them on like white noise

D

Deleted User01

My favorite way to sleep involves Kava and the 3 girls I call the Triplets. Oh, and its Triplets first and then kava if you know what I mean. :rolleyes: But that brainwave thing sounds interesting. I'll bet I can easily find some mp3s like that. How about you guys that work out? I used to sleep like a baby after a hard workout (no triplets), then a little couch time, and then pass out on the bed.

D

Deleted User01

Identical or fraternal?
Don't ask don't tell is my motto. Now get your pan-fried ass back to work. :LOL: Remember we have to move our Pan-Fried Convention to another venue that is less .... shall we say .... contentious.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Don't ask don't tell is my motto. Now get your pan-fried ass back to work. :LOL: Remember we have to move our Pan-Fried Convention to another venue that is less .... shall we say .... contentious.
Well I'm just tired of hiding it (my pan fried ass). It is a part of who I am. Deal with it.

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
i've been using binaural beats for 2 years now and i can't recommend them enough. super effective with very few side effects (all easily reversible by just taking out the headphones and doing something else). i use the idoser files myself. i've tried the isochronic beats as well but haven't had as much luck with them as i have with the binaural. totally worth a try if you haven't already

nhoeg

Kava Manliness
My favorite way to sleep involves Kava and the 3 girls I call the Triplets. Oh, and its Triplets first and then kava if you know what I mean. :rolleyes: But that brainwave thing sounds interesting. I'll bet I can easily find some mp3s like that. How about you guys that work out? I used to sleep like a baby after a hard workout (no triplets), then a little couch time, and then pass out on the bed.
Working out is good for sleep, but not if you over do it. I 'suffered' from over-training last winter, which gave me stress and insomnia. I remember waking up with a shock in the middle of the night, very anxious and tense, because my mind and system still thought that I was in a crossfit-WOD. It was like my survival-instinct thought that I was being hunted by a bear all the time - not good. I stopped working out for almost 6 months, and everything got back to normal again - thank god! One has to be careful with too much hardcore physical-training.

Status
Not open for further replies.