What's new

Quitting

Poorkavanewb

Kava Curious
Hi guys I just came to say that it looks like I will have to quit drinking kava because the side effects are much MUCH more than the positive (nausea , constipation and the TASTE). I have tried everything but it seems like nothing is working. I'm not even sure I passed RT's yet. I know it might sound a bit whiney but I just cannot deal with all the side effects. So it looks like my only option Is to quit taking kava. I also came to say that I am selling the kava I have on me at the moment. I have 3/4 of half a pound of Koniak. It feels very fresh. And I also have some 11 year waka and I have about Half of the half pound probably more. Just PM me and we might be able to work out a deal. Well that's all guys.

Poorkavanewb

Kava Curious
No I have not but concentrates have allways interested me but at the moment I have no money from buying the kava I have now

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Try KavaBoy's kava before you give up, the taste is better and the nausea is minimal to nil.
Koniak and other kava's with a lot of DHM in them are known for being nauseating and more foul tasting.
But, they're also the only ones that give a full-body-buzz type of effect.

Poorkavanewb

Kava Curious
Thanks for the quick answers. I am interested in both the concentrate and kava boys kava. But I have no money at the moment and don't know what to do with the kava I have

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Perhaps you'll like to have them around, after you grow your roots.
...or maybe someone will buy them and you can use that money for KavaBoy.
how much you selling 11 yr for ?

D

Deleted User01

@Poorkavanewb . I'm going to go ahead and say this, damn the torpedos. As a Kava Newbie you picked some of the worse kavas to start with. Those kavas are what we used to call "weekend Kavas" for a lack of a better description. The side effects you stated are exactly those caused by Tudei Kava. Those kavas also tested as being in the Tudei range on Deleted User's test though there are some who would contest that conclusion. :rolleyes: Before you give up, I recommend you try the Nene from GHK. That kava scored number 1 for Nobility on Deleted User's testing chart. If that kava makes you ill, then you should give up kava. Nene was used by the Hawaiian Islanders to deal with "a fretful child". @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava where are you? How about a Nene sample for @Poorkavanewb so we can see if he is really allergic to Kava or he is just allergic to "weekend kavas". Maybe some instant so he doesn't have to deal with the taste. Nene in water tastes like paper to me, it's a no brainer. Nene in Ginger Ale tastes like Ginger Ale. It is also one of the lightest colored kavas around. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it is also one of my favorites for sleep so I'm bias.

R

Rookietwoshoes

I thought kava makes you gassy and makes you go to the bathroom more due to all the fiber . If you're constipated then it's an indicator that you're not drinking enough water when you're having kava.

I understand your dillema , though. Kava isn't for everyone. I often question it and also consider stopping, particularly when it a strain tastes bad or i get not so great effects. When you dislike something so bad, any positive effect that you derive from it becomes less and less important until you just end up stopping altogether. You did pick some serious strains, though. Unfortunately , with kava, mistakes tend to be very costly. Sample packs are always the way to go for initiates and can't stress it enough.

You'll find the right buzz , eventually. Best of luck on your search, brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jade

Love. Like. Crazy.
I agree with what these guys and gals have suggested.I had much the same symptoms as you in the beginning. Nausea and other ill effects.I started out with those heavy weekend kavas and I believe was going too hard at it at that.:wacky:Trying to break thru that reverse tolerance.Since then, I have been using all noble...like the Hawaiian and Borongoru and things are much better.I don't get nausea very much anymore. You might be able to go back to some of the other kavas in time.As I do on occasion.I also since then have found some awesome recipes that knock a lot of that ol bitter kava taste out! There are some wonderful recipes on here.So you might try experimenting. When they say drink lots of water,they are not kidding.I do now and it helps a lot. I can't help believe but that a lot of the negative effects could be avoided by drinking lots of water before and after. I guess I'm not sharing much different from what everyone else has shared.But I had much your experiences in the beginning,but it got better and wanted to let you know it could get better for you too!All the best!!!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi guys I just came to say that it looks like I will have to quit drinking kava because the side effects are much MUCH more than the positive (nausea , constipation and the TASTE). I have tried everything but it seems like nothing is working. I'm not even sure I passed RT's yet. I know it might sound a bit whiney but I just cannot deal with all the side effects. So it looks like my only option Is to quit taking kava. I also came to say that I am selling the kava I have on me at the moment. I have 3/4 of half a pound of Koniak. It feels very fresh. And I also have some 11 year waka and I have about Half of the half pound probably more. Just PM me and we might be able to work out a deal. Well that's all guys.
As a lot of the others have said, it might have been tudei kava, I grow all my own kava and I guarantee it is 100% pure Noble, Hawaiian kava is known to be only noble kava. Let me know if you would like to try some or if you have any questions, aloha.

Chris

Jake o Links

Krunkin with Sasquatch!
I just discovered the power of orange juice. Orange juice is your friend! I put 2 tbls in a double panty hose, tied, then snipped. I found that using a big spoon in a cerial bowl worked great. Just pressed it into the juice for a while, drank, added more juice and repeated a few times. I noticed a decrease in nausea for whatever reason. I think it was because i spent less time neading resulting in a weaker brew. The taste was WAY better too. Dont worry about waste. Just keep adding more O.J. until you get what you're looking for. For me it changed from a chugging drink to a sipping drink. Could do the same for you. Any how, hope ithelps.;))

Poorkavanewb

Kava Curious
I just discovered the power of orange juice. Orange juice is your friend! I put 2 tbls in a double panty hose, tied, then snipped. I found that using a big spoon in a cerial bowl worked great. Just pressed it into the juice for a while, drank, added more juice and repeated a few times. I noticed a decrease in nausea for whatever reason. I think it was because i spent less time neading resulting in a weaker brew. The taste was WAY better too. Dont worry about waste. Just keep adding more O.J. until you get what you're looking for. For me it changed from a chugging drink to a sipping drink. Could do the same for you. Any how, hope ithelps.;))
Well I have been trying to cut calories and I tryed this using diet Arizona green tea and this helped to down it but did not help with nausea. I'll try this with OG though

Tory

Kava Curious
i'm only a few weeks deep, and I have some of the same blends as you. I mix 2-3 teaspoons into a cup of water. I don't have a nausea problem, and usually the first effects wear off in about 15-45minutes, so I make another glass of water with 2-3 tablespoons to make it last... But to the point, I pound about 25-33% of the cup of water, and eat 1 or 2 spoonfuls of applesauce, and continue until completion of the first glass, then the second glass, I take a sip, then wash it down with another drink, like a soda, or something with flavor. I've eaten yogurt, or had a yogurt smoothie right after, or in-between sips, and that works really well too to wash some of the taste out of my mouth.

What makes me wonder is, if i know that my mouth is numb, and that's the effect it gives, it seems odd to me that my tastebuds still seem to be working so well when drinking kava. I know when I get anesthetic at the dentist, I don't taste nothing till it wears off. Anyways, hope it helps.