What's new

Kava Fact of the Day Rain check on facts of the day.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey, kava lovers, the I’m under the weather and going for a covid test this morning. it would be my luck to get it after I got part one of the vaccine.

Anyway, I’m giving my brain a rest and will pick back up once this passes.

Bula!
Hope you feel better bud and test negative for Covid!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
Get well my friend. There is a chest cold going around here in Georgia, so I am sure it‘s in your neck of the woods. Take it from me, avoid Covid :) get the vaccine if you are so inclined.

Kavaloloko

Kavaloloko Kava Co.
Kava Vendor
Hey, kava lovers, the I’m under the weather and going for a covid test this morning. it would be my luck to get it after I got part one of the vaccine.

Anyway, I’m giving my brain a rest and will pick back up once this passes.

Bula!

Get plenty of rest.. Get well soon.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
I know how much work you put into the kava facts of the day. Thank you for them!

The covid virus gained a lot of publicity, and I don't think it's special. There are other dis ease, vira, sexually transmitted, cancers, and habitual illness, such as lung or liver failure. EVALI, which you mentioned in the past, that in fact the anti Malarial drugs are being used to treat.

Life needs its balancing forces. It is not great to have ones we love affected or dead from any disease, I believe focusing too much on any one will distract from another.

Focus is a tool. if our health is our priority we are prepared with the regimen of a healthy lifestyle practice.

I have seen people sharing masks to avoid this here wuhan flu, that opens the door to other infections. Re using masks after they have been wet from breath and sat overnight? Bacteria. Wearing a mask alone walking a dog but your dog is maskless? Makes sense to me.

I wish you to stay optimistic, feel better, and return to designing the much appreciated kava facts of the day.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Pleurisy, or inflammation of the lining of the lungs. X-rays came back good so I should be back in business soon. Normally it comes with the flu or something, but leave it to me to just get one part of it. I‘ll have a standard cold next time, please. :)

kasa_balavu

Yaqona Dina
Pleurisy, or inflammation of the lining of the lungs. X-rays came back good so I should be back in business soon. Normally it comes with the flu or something, but leave it to me to just get one part of it. I‘ll have a standard cold next time, please. :)
> Pleurisy (PLOOR-ih-see) is a condition in which the pleura — two large, thin layers of tissue that separate your lungs from your chest wall — becomes inflamed. Also called pleuritis, pleurisy causes sharp chest pain (pleuritic pain) that worsens during breathing.

Damn, hope you aren't in too much pain. Might I suggest using a vaporizer or humidifier filled with kava... that should fix you right up :dead:

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon. Didn't you have some lung issues awhile back when EVALI was raising its ugly head? I wouldn't rule out lingering Covid issues. Some appear to be sneaky in their effect on cardio vascular system and pernicious.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I know how much work you put into the kava facts of the day. Thank you for them!

The covid virus gained a lot of publicity, and I don't think it's special. There are other dis ease, vira, sexually transmitted, cancers, and habitual illness, such as lung or liver failure. EVALI, which you mentioned in the past, that in fact the anti Malarial drugs are being used to treat.

Life needs its balancing forces. It is not great to have ones we love affected or dead from any disease, I believe focusing too much on any one will distract from another.

Focus is a tool. if our health is our priority we are prepared with the regimen of a healthy lifestyle practice.

I have seen people sharing masks to avoid this here wuhan flu, that opens the door to other infections. Re using masks after they have been wet from breath and sat overnight? Bacteria. Wearing a mask alone walking a dog but your dog is maskless? Makes sense to me.

I wish you to stay optimistic, feel better, and return to designing the much appreciated kava facts of the day.
Sure...there are lots of things that can effect our health or outright kill us, but not many go from zero to killing 3+M people worldwide in a year so yeah I think it is pretty special. Doesn't mean we ignore the other stuff but it does require a unique focus to mitigate the impact.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey guys and girls, I'm back. Still a little painful to take a deep breath, but I'm up and going.

I really do appreciate the well-wishes. I'm ready for a normal cold or something because the last two sicks I've had have been strange at best.

Good luck and I hope you are feeling better soon. Didn't you have some lung issues awhile back when EVALI was raising its ugly head? I wouldn't rule out lingering Covid issues. Some appear to be sneaky in their effect on cardio vascular system and pernicious.
Supposedly EVALI, but looking back over the year of 2020's CT scans involving covid makes me really wonder if it was covid. Had a antibody test, but it was like 5 months after I had it, so those were likely long gone and I'll never know. Still, I totally believe it.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
@Zaphod I appreciate your view. Also because of where I live, I was able to witness a shutdown followed by not a whole lot of cases. About a dozen, locally, over the year. I felt at first that the virus would be as serious as the shutdown was. And I attempted to picture the gravity of it in other places, however here in the mountains it was not that bad, so that can help you understand why I'm not particularly uprised by it.

In my mountainous area there were few cases. What I read on social media and witnessed on the news statistically did not seem exponential to me, so I appreciate your remark that it was three million cases in a year.