What's new

ratios for kava by rex?

Hello and good friday everyone!

this week i received 2 kavas i was looking forward to trying, Isa and Tongan Lightning by rex. I've been using the preparation method that came with the kava and was noted on the kavasseur review of rex's isa, 2 tablespoons for 2 cups of water, blended for 5 mins then kneeded for 15 mins. I've actually done this same ratio with other kavas that i have tried and had great success( bulas Boroguru). However, i've found both isa and tongan a little underwhelming, almost to the point where i wonder if i'm feeling anything at all. Has anyone noticed that they need to increase their root to water ratio with rex's kava? i assumed that the isa would be something i would feel greatly. If anyone has a root to water ratio suggestion for either of these kavas i'd be very appreciative! Granted i've only made each kava once so far, but from what i'd read on here i thought that the tongan lightning would give me quite a bit of numbness but i felt very little. I've noticed while kneading that the kava doesnt feel as "oily" as compared to boroguru...is that just me?

cheers

kl.midas

Kava Enthusiast
I've not had KBR's Isa or Tongan lightening but 2 tablespoons to 2 cups of water sounds a little weak to me. The guidelines on KBR's side suggest a 1:16 ratio which sounds wildly optimistic. When I make my van3 I use 1/3 cup or root to 1.5 cups of water, which is a 1:4.5 ratio. Most people on here brew even stronger than that I think.