What's new

Recent BKH 11 year Waka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firedog

Kava Curious
Has anyone else tried the most recent batch from them? Im finding it to be really weak compared to the previous one and way more gritty. Idk maybe my body chemistry has changed a bit or something but i can take 3tbls at once and get mild effects whereas before 1tbl would insta krunk me.

Firedog

Kava Curious
Update: ive seen others have similar complaints and ive sent an email to BKH about it. I also should have mentioned before but if you get a bag like mine id avoid having any, as it gave me bad hangovers (regular 11 year never did before).

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Update: ive seen others have similar complaints and ive sent an email to BKH about it. I also should have mentioned before but if you get a bag like mine id avoid having any, as it gave me bad hangovers (regular 11 year never did before).
That's odd. Are you saying that you're getting no effects, yet still experiencing a "hang over" of sorts?

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hey all. We recently realized that there was an issue with the processing of the most recent batch of 11 Year. It's definitely still of the same high quality kava, but there were some larger pieces mixed in. It seems as though there was a hole in a screen during processing. I wish I would have caught this before we shipped any out, but after seeing test results, I just went ahead and cleared it. I don't drink much micro or I would have caught it sooner. We've remedied the problem so all orders placed from yesterday on will be of the quality you've come to expect. To those that received some of the chunky stuff, keep an eye on your email. We'll be giving you the option of a return or exchange, or a discount on a future order if you just want to keep it. The kava from before yesterday is still drinkable, you just may need a toothpick. Or a paint strainer or fine screen can sift out the larger pieces before you drink it.

I'm very sorry for the issue. I'm human and I made a mistake there. I'll make it right.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey all. We recently realized that there was an issue with the processing of the most recent batch of 11 Year. It's definitely still of the same high quality kava, but there were some larger pieces mixed in. It seems as though there was a hole in a screen during processing. I wish I would have caught this before we shipped any out, but after seeing test results, I just went ahead and cleared it. I don't drink much micro or I would have caught it sooner. We've remedied the problem so all orders placed from yesterday on will be of the quality you've come to expect. To those that received some of the chunky stuff, keep an eye on your email. We'll be giving you the option of a return or exchange, or a discount on a future order if you just want to keep it. The kava from before yesterday is still drinkable, you just may need a toothpick. Or a paint strainer or fine screen can sift out the larger pieces before you drink it.

I'm very sorry for the issue. I'm human and I made a mistake there. I'll make it right.
So...almost accidental medium grind? :)

Thanks for the Update @Bula Kava House

Mistakes happen, and it's clear that this one is being handled.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast

So some chunks got into it. Ok. At least it's not like what ends up in ketchup. My friend worked at a ketchup factory and said everything goes in...frogs, bugs, whatever falls into the vat. No frogs were harmed in the processing of this kava.

Firedog

Kava Curious
So...almost accidental medium grind? :)
Soo the makas were making me feel gross and killing my krunk or is that just me :(

I hope not cause i have had some slight changes in my medication routine since last having this kava... i just had some KWK the week before with the same meds and no difference so hopefully it was the makas:dead:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Soo the makas were making me feel gross and killing my krunk or is that just me :(

I hope not cause i have had some slight changes in my medication routine since last having this kava... i just had some KWK the week before with the same meds and no difference so hopefully it was the makas:dead:
It's possible, though there weren't actually that many larger fibers in there so I kind of doubt it. People toss and wash medium grind all the time, and it wasn't anything like that. Your order was still micronized. Some larger pieces just slipped through. Your negative effects could have been anything. Didn't drink enough water, your medication, or this kava simply doesn't agree with you. In any case, I'm sorry for our mistake, and you will have the option of returning the rest of your bag, or get a discount code for a future order if you want to keep it. I plan to get the email with details sent out tomorrow. Thanks for your understanding.

Firedog

Kava Curious
I
It's possible, though there weren't actually that many larger fibers in there so I kind of doubt it. People toss and wash medium grind all the time, and it wasn't anything like that. Your order was still micronized. Some larger pieces just slipped through. Your negative effects could have been anything. Didn't drink enough water, your medication, or this kava simply doesn't agree with you. In any case, I'm sorry for our mistake, and you will have the option of returning the rest of your bag, or get a discount code for a future order if you want to keep it. I plan to get the email with details sent out tomorrow. Thanks for your understanding.
Its totally fine i get it! (y) i just tried brewing some up med grind style with my trusty sock and its already way better! For whatever reason makas have never agreed with my system so i guess that was the cause. Kava can be a fickle mistress sometimes.

Firedog

Kava Curious
Yeah not a big fan of the recent 11 day waka, it's different. Kinda makes me feel sick after a while, almost too sedated.
11 day lmao. Yeah ive been having more and to be honest its just not as great as i remember it being a few months ago. Even when i strain out all the bits its still way too weak. Before id get spins right away and feel great it was like a double shot of vodka but now eh. Might mix it into my loa waka when it gets here but i dunno pretty meh.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Sorry y'all aren't excited about it. Funny thing is it's 11.69% kavalactones, which is higher than the last couple batches, and really higher than most kava available. Chemotype looks great too. Nausea could be caused by the larger pieces, but if those are sifted out, or you get a new bag, it's pretty great. Everybody at the bar is loving it. Guess it just goes to show how personal kava preference is...

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
The only difference I saw was some larger fibers in mine. Taste and effects were the same. I kept that batch and went for the discount on my next order. Very pleased with the 11 Year Waka!

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The only difference I saw was some larger fibers in mine. Taste and effects were the same. I kept that batch and went for the discount on my next order. Very pleased with the 11 Year Waka!
Same here. I don't like micro in general but this wasn't weak or causing any unusual side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.