What's new

Red swollen eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunkmaster

You only live Once
Hi I have been drinking a lot of kava this past week about 400 grams and tonight my eyes started feeling heavy I look in the mirror and they are a little swollen is this ok to happen? I remember herb sometimes did this to me, could this be reverse tolerance finally going away?

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It could be related to 'kava dermopathy', although 1 week is pretty fast to start getting it. Some tales of heavy drinkin' islanders mention red puffy eyes, but I've never really had them...maybe a slight itch or seepiness when I get dermopathy for too long.

It could also be an allergy. Some people develop allergies to kava that eventually make them have to stop. I've been noticing that I get a runny nose by the end of my session now...hopefully it stays so benign.

DirTJerz

Error 404
I have noticed that my contacts can feel dry after drinking kava. But that may also just be powder somehow getting into my eyes. Well, today I had a little daytime moi, and my eyes were so dry all day, and I was away from home until late, so I didn't have drops and couldn't take out my contacts. And now my lids feel tender from messing with my eyes all day. Oh well, the nightcap opihikao is helping!

D

Deleted User01

I only get red swollen eyes when I run out of kava. :cry: But seriously folks. I do get dry eyes sometimes and I use eye drops. I think it happens with the combination of doing Kava and certain allergens in the air. Kinda of a combo effect.

Krunkmaster

You only live Once
thanks for the replies, i think it was just some kind of dermopathy from drinking to much kava in one day, i woke up this morning morning chinked eyed but feeling gooddrank4tablespoos of koniak to see if i was having an allergic reaction, this time my eyes didn't get red or swollen but stayed chinked eyed, have a great day krunk heads :)

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Yes, I often get red puffy eyes, from kava use. I really got it when I first started using it heavy. Its just part of the Dermopathy for me. Some times I get red puffy eyes, other times, Ill itch under my armpits. My Kava Dermopathy moves around on me. Ill have it in one spot for a week or so, then it will move on me. Hell I have had it on my scalp under my hair line, leaving me, itching my scalp. Dermopathy is a funny thing. As soon as I think I get it figured out, it changes on me. I do find that cutting back helps I have even heard it will go away completely if you stop using Kava, although I have never tried that method. Much love. Roaddog....

D

Deactivated Account

It could be related to 'kava dermopathy', although 1 week is pretty fast to start getting it.
I get this & am well convinced it is derm. I get it after 1kg which is a few days drinking.

Sort of hay feverish.

We have a product (spray for eyes) here called Optrex. It's great !

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I get this & am well convinced it is derm. I get it after 1kg which is a few days drinking.

Sort of hay feverish.

We have a product (spray for eyes) here called Optrex. It's great !
Hell I might give that a try. The puffy eye thing has at times been a real pain in the ass, for me.:banghead:
I have found a way to deal with it on any part of my skin. I use a little Orajel, mixed with some coconut oil, and slap it on, any red, itchy parts of my skin. I find it works great and stops the itching very fast. I find the spot will clear up, and move on, If I don't itch it. But the eyes have been a problem. As I have not been using my Orajel method, on my eyes. Just does not seem like a smart Idea. Orajel, is used here to numb a hurting tooth. But It will work great to numb a spot of Kava Dermopathy. I have found Amlactin, to have no effect on my Dermopathy. If anything, it kind of burns. I know better than to get that stuff anywhere near the eyes. I must look up this Optex. Much Love Roaddog....

D

Deactivated Account

Awesome. I also found it on Amazon, for us US residents. Here is a link Amazon product Great idea, @nemo . Much love. Roaddog....
It ain't exactly cheap but it lasts forever. I fly quite a bit & always have it in my pocket on the plane also for sore eyes in the planes dry air.

If my old navy diving trainer ever heard me talking like this I would be sent to the shredder. I'm getting soft in my old age. Back then it was 'hold your eye open & put a sharp stick in it !'

violet

Do all things with love
@Roaddog I've been having some irritated eye issues too, 'tis the season. I really like the Similisan "Irritated Eye Relief" drops. They're homeopathic and you can get them just about everywhere, including walmart. The last couple I've purchased came with a coupon enclosed in the box. Never seen the Optrex before, it looks like pretty good stuff!

D

Deactivated Account

V I like drops also but they have a very short life once opened (so they all list) ...just a few weeks. I'm not sure if that's true.

At least a spray is very easy to use thus you tend to actually use it.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
.... I use a little Orajel, mixed with some coconut oil, and slap it on, any red, itchy parts of my skin.....
I looked this up and there are a bunch of different products. Do you have a link for what you use?? I've had dermo before, but it never itched. This time around it's itching like crazy, almost in a painful way. :(

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
image.jpg
My optometrist recommended this a few months back when he noticed some crud buildup on my eyelashes. Not related to kava as I wasn't drinking at the time. They come in individual packets pre moistened and ready to go. You wipe on with closed eyelids. Somewhat soothing but a little pricey.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Dermapothy, for sure. I actually stopped wearing contacts due to my kava consumption at the time. Luckily I found glasses much easier to handle...especially with a belly full of kava.

Simonsays

Kava Curious
I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one with the puffiness and redness around my eyes and especially along my lids where the eyelashes connect. I have taken off 3 days now and the redness and puffiness is almost gone so I'm definitely kavasizing after this long Monday is over!

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I am not one to necro a thread, but I am also not one to let one go to waste! @shakas and et al this is pretty much what I am going through now. I have itchy eyes and a runny nose (runny nose could be caused by watery eyes), and I have most assuredly linked it to my heavy testing of Kava and seems more likely if I do not MEGA MEGA filter the medium ginds. I do take a Zyrtec daily, for seasonal allergies. They also die back during the week when I only have a VERY small amount of instant moi in my morning joe. I am sure I have a slight allergy to Kava (maybe it will not get to the point I have to put it down), but it could be initial symptoms of dermopathy. This issues showed up about week 3, but I used kava just fine for 2 weeks now on my 4th week.

I see that you are still using Kava; so to my question, did your snot laced nose :) ever clear up and do you think it was more from dermopathy, a slight allergy, or phase of the moon?

It could be related to 'kava dermopathy', although 1 week is pretty fast to start getting it. Some tales of heavy drinkin' islanders mention red puffy eyes, but I've never really had them...maybe a slight itch or seepiness when I get dermopathy for too long.

It could also be an allergy. Some people develop allergies to kava that eventually make them have to stop. I've been noticing that I get a runny nose by the end of my session now...hopefully it stays so benign.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I see that you are still using Kava; so to my question, did your snot laced nose :) ever clear up and do you think it was more from dermopathy, a slight allergy, or phase of the moon?
Runny nose won't keep me away. ::chugger:: It still happens a lot of the time, often accompanied by a tight worthless cough. Nothing major. I have worse issues with bloating, nausea, over-fullness, stuck gas...still not enough to stop me.

Status
Not open for further replies.