What's new

Refilling after a meal - How do you do it?

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I tried to search in the forum and on google, but I could not really find any threads about this. Sorry if I missed something.

It seems like me and many others experience kava to work the best on an empty stomach. I usually wait for my stomach to be empty before consuming some kava and because of that I get really hungry when the kava kicks in. With a stomach full of food, the following shells seem to loose a lot of effect. But I don't wanna be hungry for a whole evening. Is there some special way to handle this? I'm even thinking that it might be placebo that I don't feel the shells I consume after eating food.

I'm interested to hear other peoples experience with this!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I tried to search in the forum and on google, but I could not really find any threads about this. Sorry if I missed something.

It seems like me and many others experience kava to work the best on an empty stomach. I usually wait for my stomach to be empty before consuming some kava and because of that I get really hungry when the kava kicks in. With a stomach full of food, the following shells seem to loose a lot of effect. But I don't wanna be hungry for a whole evening. Is there some special way to handle this? I'm even thinking that it might be placebo that I don't feel the shells I consume after eating food.

I'm interested to hear other peoples experience with this!
When I find myself in that situation, I eat something light so that I don't feel like I am starving later. Having a small meal before kava shouldn't alter the results that dramatically. A couple examples of something I would reach out for are a couple slices of cheese or a handful of nuts. Typically fattier foods tend to compliment kava anyways so look at it as a bonus.