What's new

Reverse tolerance

Jeffro

Kava Curious
I was just wondering if you guys and gals could share you experience with reverse tolerance with me.. I have been trying out kava for about a week and a half , and though I am experiencing some effects, it's not like what I here people talk about.. I do suspect today will be my first experience with high quality kava. (Ghk)

EQ

Atman
Full kava experience first try.
Giving kava to 3 friends. They got full kava effect first go.

There is no way RT effects everyone.

I definetly feel people should stop expecting RT, and not take our prep tips lightly.

Chugging and empty stomaches are requirements.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I honestly can't remember much about it. I was drinking kava and not feeling a lot then one day I was drinking kava and it just sort of came on, nice effects. I don't think it took too long for me. I was regularly using BKH Instant Green, Paradise's COV and QKP at the time so I'm sure that helped as they are all good quality kavas.

Jeffro

Kava Curious
I think you are most likely right EQ. I wonder how much there actually is to reverse tolerance. There must be something to it

Jeffro

Kava Curious
Back to reverse tolerance though . Yea I definitely think people including myself put to high of a expectation on it. I do think it's definitely getting better for me each time though.

Reactions: EQ

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Which is probably equally cold and wet but we get to choose our own sorry, sadsack government. Makes a big difference. I think.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I never experienced RT and had never heard of it before joining the forum last year. Never heard anyone mention anything like RT in 10 years of drinking kava in the Pacific talking with hundreds of other drinkers.
I tend to think it must be an initial period of not quite knowing what to expect, or what to look for, rather than a tolerance thing. Exacerbated by possibly mixing it wrong/ too weak.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I tend to think it must be an initial period of not quite knowing what to expect, or what to look for, rather than a tolerance thing. Exacerbated by possibly mixing it wrong/ too weak.
I think a large portion of it is poor quality product + preparation/dose learning curve. The kava market in the US has come a long way in five years and I think it is less common to have a frustrating first few experiences than it was in the past.

Last edited:

Jerome

Kava Lover
Yeah, never experienced reverse tolerance. I've had enough tonight to feel a bit like a numb bobble head. Wheeeeeeee

Jeffro

Kava Curious
Agreed, but the majority of people claim that kava experience seem to get better the further on in the kava journey. .

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
Prep has a lot to do with it but quality is king. I had been drinking on and off for 18 years med quality and recently tried ghk micro. After about three days it hit me like a sack of bricks. I never expected kava to have the punch it does. But i definitely think freshness has a lot to do with it. I did have rt for about two weeks but when i broke through i knew without a doubt. It didn't even feel like the same plant.It was amazing. Buy ghk and stick with it, just don't have plans when you are drinking it until you breakthrough and know what to expect because you could get yourself into trouble. the intoxication was on par with three mickys 40s in two hours but enjoyable and clear headed. No motor skills though. Space them out 20-30 mins after you pound those first two or three. It's worth the work. Chris @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava that far surpasses anything i could have asked for. Thanks again Chris!

Last edited:

NAMBATU

Kava Enthusiast
I experienced reverse tolerance, but I did get effects from my first use. I don't think RT is completely mythical.

boxcar beatnik

Kava Enthusiast
It's not. I would compare it to drinking beer on a full stomach your whole life and one day you decide to chug bourbon on an empty stomach for the first time. its all alcohol, but in no way is it the same

I was just wondering if you guys and gals could share you experience with reverse tolerance with me.. I have been trying out kava for about a week and a half , and though I am experiencing some effects, it's not like what I here people talk about.. I do suspect today will be my first experience with high quality kava. (Ghk)
I just tried my second kava brew about 30 minutes ago, and I didn't really feel anything. Same thing with my first brew that I drank yesterday basically nothing... I am feeling a little bit I think, but hardly anything.
Reverse Tolerance is a bitch. I've been drinking 3 heaping table spoons of Wakacon Fijian Kava mixed and strained in water and whole fat milk. Plus I eat kava candy.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I just tried my second kava brew about 30 minutes ago, and I didn't really feel anything. Same thing with my first brew that I drank yesterday basically nothing... I am feeling a little bit I think, but hardly anything.
Reverse Tolerance is a bitch. I've been drinking 3 heaping table spoons of Wakacon Fijian Kava mixed and strained in water and whole fat milk. Plus I eat kava candy.
3 tablespoons isn't very much, just try upping the dose