What's new

Review of HonoKane Iki Micronized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User01

The Micronized Awa from GHK is very potent. I have noticed that Micronized is more potent than the instant but yet it is still mellow tasting and easy to mix. I'm also not feeling any grittiness is this batch. I'm doing club soda instead of ginger ale to cut down on the sugar and so I can drink more... Heh, heh, heh.

Mix 1 big old spoon on Honokane Iki Micronized in a bit of water.
1 Tab Frozen Colada Mix, a squeeze of lime, fill with ice, top with cold clear club soda.
Very tasty, yet very light.

Can you hear the the ringing in my ears? That means this is a nice heady Kava. I went back to my chemotype chart and it shows that it has the same chemotype as Papa Ele Ele Puu Puu. This is a good daytime Kava for us guys that use it during the work day. It's Saturday and I just decided to do Kava instead of alcohol. If I have to take my wife to the Mall, I won't complain as much.

So heady Kava, not so much body, it does have decent anti-anxiety effects because I feel none right now and I have been a little up tight as of late. So now I have tried about 4 of the Kavas from GHK. It seems like he has one for each occasion. I can look at the Chemotypes and decide on the effects I want. So Chris, if you are out there, when are you going to do a sampler pack? Example: PapaKea-Heavy Pain Killer, Mapulehu-Mildly Sedating, HoneKane Iki-Heady. That's one example. With 14 Kavas on your farm, I'll bet the samplers could be varied and interesting.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
would the assumption be correct that micronized would lend itself to issues of nausea etc. more so than instant also perhaps have more Flavokin B than instant

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
would the assumption be correct that micronized would lend itself to issues of nausea etc. more so than instant also perhaps have more Flavokin B than instant
I have tried kava from all over the kava growing areas in the Pacific and I have never had any nausea from Hawaiian kava, even the micronized does not cause problems for me, it might if some people are sensitive but each person is different. For the most part you can rest assured that Hawaiian kava is low on the nausea causing chart. Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hay Deleted User01, I was thinking of putting together a sample pack, I guess great minds think alike. :)
I will have a sample pack on my website soon. Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

I have never had nausea from the micronized at GHK. I always worry that it is like tossing and washing. In reality, it is more like drinking instant. Maybe Chris or someone can explain it. I think GHK pays attention to all the little details to make sure the Micronized is pure and devoid of impurities. It's those damn impurities that cause side effects more than anything. It's all in the processing and GHK controls every facet of that. But everyone has their own body chemistry. That's why a sampler would be good. You can try different stuff and arrive at your own conclusions. Myself, I like the Micronized because it is more potent than instant and so far no side effects. But I also like da instant too. :D

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Nice review Deleted User01. I'll add this to my kava bucket list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I have never had nausea from the micronized at GHK. I always worry that it is like tossing and washing. In reality, it is more like drinking instant. Maybe Chris or someone can explain it. I think GHK pays attention to all the little details to make sure the Micronized is pure and devoid of impurities. It's those damn impurities that cause side effects more than anything. It's all in the processing and GHK controls every facet of that. But everyone has their own body chemistry. That's why a sampler would be good. You can try different stuff and arrive at your own conclusions. Myself, I like the Micronized because it is more potent than instant and so far no side effects. But I also like da instant too. :D
I actually take out the hard fibers of the lateral roots, I do not grind this part, I throw it away. It is after all the part that they throw away traditionally. Also I am working on a sample pack right now and I will post it when I am done. :)
Aloha.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.